came from different places but kinda look the same...lots of miles apart right

OP
OP
danasaur

danasaur

Aug 4, 2013
Alabama
Points of contention

I was thinking the same thing. A lot of similarities. Are they authentic? Not saying they're not, just asking.

That is exactly what interests me. They are "very" similar, yet from different cultures. For a while I have been thinking about utilitarian artifacts, especially when it comes to lithic material. Why the similarities, does some of this indicate diffusion? There is no doubt that there was some diffusion between Pre-Columbian civilizations and the American Southeast and Southwest. Why such elaborate design? Any thoughts?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Danasaur, I wonder the same thing. When I found a Pandale I wondered, why would they knap a head like that when a plain old side notch would be much easier to make.

Will be interesting to read others thoughts on this.

WVhillbilly

Nov 23, 2013
The pyramids all around the world have stark similarities but were built by totally different cultures on different continents....we may never know why exactly...but what if we are over thinking something that might have a simple answer. There might be what looks like one flawed chip on a base or body of a point that might actually tell where and who it came from. Im just thinking out loud though.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have often imagined had I lived then what would I do?
I suppose that without tv or the Colts to watch on tv, I might just try to be the thomas edison of points.
To be known over a large area as the best point maker. I could make a haul trading. ( did they have beer back then?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions