Time to get a detector!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been interested in metal detecting until I started reading this forum. Then I went with a friend of mine and we started finding shell casings. We found them at the local playground. We found them in empty field by where I live. And then we found them down the road in the woods also. I asked her why were finding so many shell casing here what are they from? She said that the area I live in used to be a military training base for World War II. Now that got my interest. So doing a little bit of research, I live on what use to be the Buckingham army airfield. This was used in ww2 for training. At their peek they had 700 buildings and 6 runways. Now I'm not an expert... But there has got to be some good stuff in my back yard. Not to mention I live in a community that all the houses were just recently built here within the last couple years. So All the earth has just been turned over recently for construction. Since my grandfather was in World War II, he was a pilot, this makes me want to go out and see what might be left behind! If I never find anything. That's okay. But just seeing some of the stuff that he may have seen when he was active and doing this for his country is well worth anything valuable find!

So I think after reading up about where I live it's time to get a metal detector. Don't really know what kind to get. The $20 one I had did not tell me anything was not the right one. So I need something better. I went out with a friend and she had a Garrett. This is some of what I found.

image-3218980932.jpg

image-3018662245.jpg

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett makes some very good detectors. For an entry level machine I usually recommend a Garrett ACE 250 or ACE 350; or Fisher F2; or Teknetics Alpha 2000 or Eurotek/Eurotek Pro. All very good American made entry level machines with audible and visual target ID. PM me if I can help you in choosing a detector.

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had good success with the White's machines. But they all work to some extent.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I thought about taking my MD out where I live but never did. My mom came to visit for a week and saw it in the garage. They are starting to build homes where we are and grabed my Eight-year-old daughter and says let's go find some treasures. A half hour later they come back and they found three bullet shells two old tokens and three coins. One being a 1942 dime. The others were 1940 and 1941 penny. So tomorrow I'm Going to get my three kids plus neighbor girl give them each a shovel and we are going to go out and see if we can find anything else now that they have taken the top 6" off the ground. There Is going to be 40 houses built in this neighborhood in the next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread