Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Waiting on my Fisher F2 to get here!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHats up everyone!
what is right? Heres the thing, I've got about $450 so far to spend on detector and equipment. This will be my first detector and I want to make the right decision. This is what i'm thinking, buy the Fisher F2 with pro pointer and digging tool with the cash I have now. Then when I upgrade to the AT Pro my wife will be able to use the F2 and I will already have the pro pointer and digging tool. The other thought is to just hold out and save more for the AT Pro. any suggestions on a detector I could get for her if I do decide to go for the AT Pro right off the bat? We will be hunting the beach mostly and a few parks around town. on average we will probably be MDing two or 3 times a week.

Kalan850

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
insert shameful link to my YouTube here LOL ..
Seriously though check it out, and decide just how many items you want then go find them cheep :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why don't you get yourself a starter machine (Tesoro Compadre; Garrett Ace 250; Fisher F2; Whites Coinmaster) a dry sandscoop, kneepads, finds bag, and a Lesche digging tool (you don't need a pinpointer to start or for the beach at all), and just see how it goes? That is my advice to you.

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you get yourself a starter machine (Tesoro Compadre; Garrett Ace 250; Fisher F2; Whites Coinmaster) a dry sandscoop, kneepads, finds bag, and a Lesche digging tool (you don't need a pinpointer to start or for the beach at all), and just see how it goes? That is my advice to you.

thanks, good thinking

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided to go with the F2 Thanks again

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
White makes a very good starter machine that is even good to stay with. I think they call it the coinmaster plus or something close.

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah but its about $100 more than the ace 250. i think the only dif between the coinmaster pro and there base model(coinmaster) is audio id. They do have the vdi read out tho.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won 't need a pin pointer on the beach just a scoop, but if you hunt parks or schools or yards you may want the pin pointer to help find the target.

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won 't need a pin pointer on the beach just a scoop, but if you hunt parks or schools or yards you may want the pin pointer to help find the target.

I will keep that in mind thank you

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think, for the money, you can't beat the Fisher F2, especially with the deal Kellyco usually has. The pinpointer that comes with the F2 works, but leaves a bit to be desired. The little 4" coil, however, is worth it's weight in gold! The Garrett Pro pinpointer is fantastic, a bit pricey but worth it. I am totally dependent on my Garrett Pro. I bought two F2s and would buy another, but I can't get it shipped to Central America. When you graduate to something better, the F2 makes a great backup.

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after days of reading reviews and watching videos i am for sure going with the fisher f2 coil combo and pointer kit for $215. Will be ordering online monday. Thanks again for all of yalls helpful comments .

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a used F2 with the 4" and 8" coils. It ships out tomorrow I'm stoked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions