Tiny Harmonica Pendant? Some other stuff

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back out at my friends place in town today, where there is this old garbage dump next to the railroad that has produced quite a few neat little finds over the years. Found a few more things, including some clay marbles, buttons, half of a green glass bead, a harmonica reed, saw medallion, date nail etc... That casing is an old .38 S & W and the one next to it one of those tiny little pocket pistol casings. The nail is from 1927 and the saw medallion says it was patented on December 27, 1897, which was surprising for me. I figured it was a bit more modern because of where I found it. I also think that is a little harmonica pendant, and it appears to have some writing on the side, but I cant make it out and I think at least one of the figures is a music note. It was found next to one of those pearl shell buttons, in a very old section of the dump (Lots of purple glass shards and other c.1900 debris.) Thanks for looking.

DSC04201.jpg DSC04202.jpg DSC04204.jpg DSC04205.jpg DSC04206.jpg

Upvote 12

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those miniature harmonica pendants. Mines made by honer and very modern. I'm sure they made them back in the day as well. Really cool finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, if you can post a photo some time, Id like to see it. Thanks.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just so you know, this is a non-functional harmonica. And Im not even sure it is a harmonica, but it has to be right?

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just so you know, this is a non-functional harmonica. And Im not even sure it is a harmonica, but it has to be right?

Sure looks like one to me!! I don't think yours is the same as mine as yours looks quite old. Mine is actually functional. IMG_3089.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats interesting. Yours looks like a working harmonica, though, and a little bigger than mine. I have a reed for one of those small functional harmonicas I found at the same place a little while back, Ill show you a photo in a minute.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the photo, and I apologize for the redundancy in my last post.

DSC04208.jpg

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool stuff. I wonder what else is waiting there to be found? Could be anything based on what you've already found.

Oh yes, probably. My Grandparents used to come here a lot many years ago to do some bottle digging, and you can see where some others have been digging more recently. Im not quite sure who it is though. My friend is more of a family friend and hes getting pretty old now so I know he wasnt digging out there. I didnt see him today, I didnt have much time to hang out, but I usually leave him a beer in his mail box when Im passing by. Anyway, Im sure there is tons of more stuff in the ground, but Arizona's ground is pretty hard packed so I dont dig for anything. If I get lucky and find a few old things on the surface, thats enough for me.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking it must be his sons or the neighbor that are trying their luck digging. Like I said, my grandparents came here many many years ago to dig, and others are still digging, so there is broken glass and rusty tin strewn all over the place, making it difficult to tell where the actual dump sites in the ground are. (They often used outhouses for dumps back then, so youd have to find the hole to dig it up!). There used to be a train station up the tracks a little bit, so we think this was their dump. But there is also household stuff and childrens toys mixed in, so it was also used by locals as well, all the way up into modern times. Its not a very large area or anything, but some areas have larger concentrations of what is obviously old glass and tin from 100 years ago, and other concentrations of more modern, mid century stuff. Theres also the usual modern day trash that gets mixed into any old place thats not abandoned and basically in town.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas Cracker prezzie?

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it could be. I did find a cracker jack prize nearby.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello OP. Nice finds all. I really like the saw medallion and tiny harmonica. Your dry climate is great for condition...the opposite of here in FL.

Thanks for the effort and Good Luck out there. C9

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds as always cant wait till you get that old gun or gold coin my friend!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread