Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug an outhouse pit after work today on the same site I have been working since labor day weekend ! Didn;t do too bad got a few bottles and a couple of copper / brass lantern bases out of the pit which had a lot of coal ashes in it as well. the play badge with no marks on it at all , the steel what I believe to be a rat trap ! and a few other relics as well . As I was checking the tailings of my excavation with my M. D. I was getting a persistant but small signal even at high disc setting but I could not find it I fingered through ashes 3 times and almost gave up telling myself it was a 22 cal lead ! The fourth time I had it between my 2 fingers as I looked at it I still didn't have any clue what it was though it was tiny and shiny so I threw it in a keeper baggie. It turned out to be this tiny silver amulet of Mother Mary of Fatima I believe. ? As you can see it is small !! Thanks for looking MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 886
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice dig!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! I have some out house digging lined up with another Tnet member sometime this fall or spring. Looking foward to it. :headbang:

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Wow and nice work on the persistence there MaineRelic, you have a lot of skill to find something so small, and are my eyes working right? did I see a date of 1830 or 39 on the base? or is it a makers mark or....? let me know and again nice! HH!

Chuck.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tattooguy67 said:
Wow and nice work on the persistence there MaineRelic, you have a lot of skill to find something so small, and are my eyes working right? did I see a date of 1830 or 39 on the base? or is it a makers mark or....? let me know and again nice! HH!

Chuck.
Hey chuck . That sweet little silver does have an 1830 date at the bottom but it is the date that mother mary appeared in Paris to Saint Catherine I believe ?? It is a miraculas medal. MaineRelic

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun Mainerelic. Its a wonder you saw that as small as it is. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Looks like fun Mainerelic. Its a wonder you saw that as small as it is. :icon_thumright:
I couldn't see it but I coulid hear it ! :icon_thumleft:

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, way to stay after it. I am so glad you didn't give up on this one. That is a sweet find and a good save.

Don
HH

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Nice persistence. Had little bits elude me like that as well but if it didn't tone iron then I was gonna sit there and find them!

Do you think the badge is actually a buckle? Looks like a couple weld points toward the lower portion of the pic.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery, guess somebody was praying in the outhouse for a miracle.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DMN said:
Nice persistence. Had little bits elude me like that as well but if it didn't tone iron then I was gonna sit there and find them!

Do you think the badge is actually a buckle? Looks like a couple weld points toward the lower portion of the pic.
Good eye DMN it is a buckle not a badge ! Makes more sense ! Mental block I guess ! Thanks for everyone's kind comments !! MaineRelic

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
No prob. Just posted something yesterday thinking it was some cool epaulet from one of the earlier wars (been looking for war relics in my area) and found out it was a powder flask. I'll take it!
Your buckle has an interesting pattern. Wonder how old it may be. I guess you'd have some idea based on the depth you found it in the privy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread