Tiny sand size red crystals or something? Sorry no pic

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to check out a creak ealier this week. I loaded up the top layer of dirt and panned it. Only to find 3 little (slightly lager then dust)pieces of gold. I was behind a huge boulder that split the creak in 2 sections.
so I dig down deeper til almost every rock I dug out was green, dark blue, but mostly quartz. I was thinking about grabbing all the pretty rocks but no im not there for that lol.
so I get another pan classified with a bucket sifter. When im done theres hardly any black sand but theres also these tiny redish orange see though crystals thats are heavier then black sand.

So i dig a little deeper and sift and pan it out and theres lost more!! I fill up my bucket with classified material and pan it home. In every pan I found a tiny speck of mercury and lots more of the red tiny grans of sand crystal or what every. What is this red crystal like stuff? Could it be tiny pieces of red sunstone?

I didnt think about collecting it all. Im sure if I did and put it on white paper then yeah. thats what I should have done but didnt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I did some googling and found a site that tells you what gems your state has. We dont have garnets in oregon but we have Red labradorite. Which explains the red sunstone I found in the creek out behind my dads house. So it must be little shards thet flaked off bigger stones. 1029122320.jpg

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool find--it looks a lot like Garnet.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah its nice. I kepted a dark blue rock that i found, ive never seen this blue rock. but it has quarts in it and it also has gold dust in it.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a cool find too!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread