tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are not my pictures, but ones I got from the web of a few things I did actually see at the Luxor display of artifacts brought up from the wreck of the Titanic. Your not allowed to take pictures and they ask that you shut your phone's off. I saw the artifacts of the Whydah when it came to Denver and it was same deal. NO PHOTOGRAPH'S. I'm getting me some of those camera spy glasses. The Dead Sea Scrolls are coming Denver and I'm sure it'll be the same deal. They don't really say anything about glasses, they just mention cellphones with camera's.

The pendant is diamonds set in platinum. The cufflinks and shirt buttons and enameled over gold. These au gratin dishes they believe we're all stacked in a wood cabinet that landed on it's back side of the Sea floor and we're all found in the sand in the position they are displayed in. The big chunk of iron is a part of the ship, they simply call - The Big Piece.

Attachments

• IMG_20180322_090043.jpg
    IMG_20180322_090043.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20180322_090111.jpg
    IMG_20180322_090111.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 34
  • titanic-au-gratin-dishes.jpg
    titanic-au-gratin-dishes.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Titanic-0314-588.jpg
    Titanic-0314-588.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 33

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty sweet. There's a nautical museum in northern Ohio and they had a little titanic display. It really brings it home to see and read about it.
I went to see The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit several years ago. You are right, no cell phones or cameras. But in this case it is because (so we were told) the light would/could damage the scrolls. It is a very dark exhibit to go through and they have very dim special lighting that they use. There was also the history of the bible and Gutenberg press. Very enlightening and I'm thankful I went. Don't miss it!
Thanks for putting together the photos. :icon_thumright:

Also ~ at the nautical museum they had water that was chilled to the temperature of the ocean and you stuck your arm in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed the lighting in a museum isn't the best for photographing. Few years back my middle daughter and I went to see the treasurer's of Cartier at the Denver museum of art. They did allow you to take pictures. Because of the low light and reflection on the glass cases only a few pictures I took came out okay. These are just a few I took in this post. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/442903-what-you-hope-score-thrift-store.html . Only thing I've got Cartier is this Vanity set I found in a thift store for $85.00. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/400881-85-bucks-travel-vanity-set.html I like to hunt treasure in the thift stores, antique shops, coin stores and pawn shops as I travel for work. I'm completely addicted to hunting that way. I also like searching old ghost towns and Indian artifacts sites like a purest treasure hunter also, but I rarely use a metal detector as that draws unwanted attention. I'm good with my eyes you can say.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed the lighting in a museum isn't the best for photographing. Few years back my middle daughter and I went to see the treasurer's of Cartier at the Denver museum of art. They did allow you to take pictures. Because of the low light and reflection on the glass cases only a few pictures I took came out okay. These are just a few I took in this post. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/442903-what-you-hope-score-thrift-store.html . Only thing I've got Cartier is this Vanity set I found in a thift store for $85.00. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/400881-85-bucks-travel-vanity-set.html I like to hunt treasure in the thift stores, antique shops, coin stores and pawn shops as I travel for work. I'm completely addicted to hunting that way. I also like searching old ghost towns and Indian artifacts sites like a purest treasure hunter also, but I rarely use a metal detector as that draws unwanted attention. I'm good with my eyes you can say.

After ALL the goodies I found the last 6 years I can't stop using a MD,just a bit slower after 66.:laughing7:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After ALL the goodies I found the last 6 years I can't stop using a MD,just a bit slower after 66.:laughing7:
Believe me I still wanna improve my skills in that method. I keep thinking I should join a local club someday in hopes to learn a few things. If I ever get around to it I hope then I'll be able to develop some confidence and then invest in a superior machine and start posting my best finds like all the other stuff I see on this site.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe me I still wanna improve my skills in that method. I keep thinking I should join a local club someday in hopes to learn a few things. If I ever get around to it I hope then I'll be able to develop some confidence and then invest in a superior machine and start posting my best finds like all the other stuff I see on this site.

The stuff is already there..you just gotta look for it,it takes time to hone your skills..you don't need a high dollar machine either,I find enough with my M-6.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

I go to garage sales and thrift stores, well I used to. The past few years my time has been limited due to op's issues. Anyway, I wouldn't know a treasure if it jumped up and bit me. So, this site is very educational for me. I don't know much about md-ing either. Although, in my yard it's pretty easy. Hear a beep...dig up the rusty whatever's. Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions