Title and Description dont match ... oops

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Title and Description don't match ... oops

I just sold a sterling silver lot. I had listed multiple lots at one time. Two of them were 250+, which is probably how I messed up. The last lot was smaller. It was 200 grams, but in the title it says 250. The picture under it shows 200. Do I have to throw in an extra 50 grams of silver? It got about $50 less than the other two did.

It's item number 361243311498 if you don't get what I am saying. I am freaking out. Do I write to the buyer and tell him my error? Do I just pack it off and hope he doesn't notice? What do I do?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would write the buyer first before sending it off. Clear it up before there's a mess and they want refund or something. Maybe mention that you were thinking by the final bid that everyone noticed the weight on the scale but just want to check with them first. Seems like I do things like this all the time but have caught most of them before there's a bid. Good luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I agree with 2Minnesota. Explain to the buyer what happened and maybe throw out a lower amount as an offer. Unfortunately, if the buyer won't work with you - you may have to bite the bullet on this puppy or risk a little of your repretation.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain your mistake and give them the opportunity to cancel. Wait and see what they say... seems like they knew what they'd get based on their relatively low bid. If they want to play games, maybe offer a small discount but don't throw in 50g of free silver, just back out and risk the negative. Seems like you made an honest mistake that a decent buyer would be sympathetic toward.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain your mistake and give them the opportunity to cancel. Wait and see what they say... seems like they knew what they'd get based on their relatively low bid. If they want to play games, maybe offer a small discount but don't throw in 50g of free silver, just back out and risk the negative. Seems like you made an honest mistake that a decent buyer would be sympathetic toward.
This is about all you can do at this point.

I screwed up recently too.
I listed an item that is very rare and an "original" piece. I looked at the listing and it says "reproduction" under product details. Don't know how that got checked. Must of did it myself somehow. Of course I can't revise the listing now because it ends tonight. So it only has one opening bid that it got within the first 48 hours of listing. whoopie :cussing::angry4: If it doesn't get anymore bids it will be because of the "reproduction" mentioned.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So. What I ended up doing is tossing in 3 beautiful necklaces (not sterling, just the clasp) that have stones, like turquoise, that total 50grams. So technically, they can't say I didn't send 250 grams. I didn't explain anything. Just tossed the extra baggie in. I think it was delivered today, so I should know soon if they are upset or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions