Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, On saturday evening i got a phone call from a new tn member [ Black Allan ] Allan has joined TN in the past few weeks.I meet Allan threw another new member back in the New Year. Anyway Allan who lives in Sydney which is about 700 miles from me wanted to come down to the gold feilds for a hunt.It had been raining in Sydney all week and he just wanted get away to country for a few days. i needed a bit more time to plan things but didn,t have time.Pretty keen to just pack his truck and drive at 5 minutes notice.Allan brought his very nice girl friend along. So i met up with Allen and Agee about 8am the next morning and headed out too a place called Diamond Hill. With only 2 mds between us i decided to lend my gpx to Agee for for the day and i would be the target digger. Got too nearly 100 degrees about 11am but still as keen as ever we went on. I was making jokes about city folk not handling the conditions.Allen say back to me "work smart not hard" "See country boy your digging in the heat i,m just finding the targets."Well that shut me up LOL. Dug mainly lead but manged a few keepers for the day. Suspender belt [1857 embossed] a half penny 1851 strange bullet with a copper jacket and a sailors button. the area we worked produced no gold but thats the way it is sometimes.Meet Allen and his girl friend Agee and heres a few pics of the day and the finds.

tinpan

Attachments

• S7301697.JPG
    S7301697.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,395
  • S7301698.JPG
    S7301698.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,393
  • S7301699.JPG
    S7301699.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,390
  • S7301700.JPG
    S7301700.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • S7301701.JPG
    S7301701.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,384
  • S7301703.JPG
    S7301703.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • S7301704.JPG
    S7301704.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,388
Upvote 0

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
100 degrees, mates? That's nice and warm :laughing7:. Good coppa, button and fastener :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuatara said:
100 degrees, mates? That's nice and warm :laughing7:. Good coppa, button and fastener :icon_thumright:

Hi tutara yesterdays temp was 34 c thats taken in the shade so i wonder what the real temperate in the direct sun was. getting really dry here ,wish it would rain.

tinpan

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll take the 34c right now. :headbang:
Me blood starts pumping at 26c, so that sounds like real nice conditions.
Nice looking buckle, great pics.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Hi tutara yesterdays temp was 34 c thats taken in the shade so i wonder what the real temperate in the direct sun was. getting really dry here ,wish it would rain.

What? You have shade?! :wink: That's not a scorcha. That's a scorcha - we had around 38 degrees with no bush to hide in.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuatara said:

What? You have shade?! :wink: That's not a scorcha. That's a scorcha - we had around 38 degrees with no bush to hide in.

LoL iron bark twiggy sticks are hardly trees and give little shade, Do you get a nice sea breeze in the afternoon ? ;D ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
allans girlfriend looks like a nice find :tongue3: nice of you to lend out the tecta and dig for the day tinpan. willy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
700 miles ?
I Did't think Australia was that long.
Or did you have to drive around it twice ? :tongue3:

Hey at least somone is Getting out to Hunt
I love the 90's only 21f here I think
that's about -30 c

Good Huntin' Good Friends !
No Foot of snow to Shovel Just dirt !

Congrats on the Finds !

Jeff

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'd say agee was a very nice find, any good looking girl willing to swing a metal detector in 100 degree heat is a definate keeper to me. the bullet looks like a misfire that broke the neck of the cartridge casing off, then has hammered out of the chamber.

glad you folks had a good time. having been to australia 700 miles is nothing. and when you add in the condition of some of the roads I am amazed he made it in one piece. we drove from cooktown to cairns on mountain roads made of gravel. cliff on one side chasm on the other. you dont dare miss a turn.

thanks for sharing tinpan.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Tinpan,

WTG Tinpan, Agee, Black Allan. Anyone traveling that distance deserves a big shout out. Sounds like ya'll had a good time. And the heat probably just called for more Fosters, eh? :hello2:

BW

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I would settle for 34f with no snow right about now. A bad day detecting still beats a good day at work, no matter what you find :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
700 miles ?
I Did't think Australia was that long.
Or did you have to drive around it twice ? :tongue3:

Hey at least somone is Getting out to Hunt
I love the 90's only 21f here I think
that's about -30 c

Good Huntin' Good Friends !
No Foot of snow to Shovel Just dirt !

Congrats on the Finds !

Jeff
keep the shoveling up Geff. :laughing9: :laughing9: you will get your chance in the spring.Thanks for the reply

tinpan

Black Alan

Jan 11, 2010
bravowhiskey said:
Hey Tinpan,

WTG Tinpan, Agee, Black Allan. Anyone traveling that distance deserves a big shout out. Sounds like ya'll had a good time. And the heat probably just called for more Fosters, eh? :hello2:

BW
Thanks for the shout out. Small distance to drive when you know someone like Tinpan.
Black Alan. :icon_thumright:

Black Alan

Jan 11, 2010
tinpan said:
Hi all, On saturday evening i got a phone call from a new tn member [ Black Alan ] Allan has joined TN in the past few weeks.I meet Alan threw another new member back in the New Year. Anyway Alan who lives in Sydney which is about 700 miles from me wanted to come down to the gold feilds for a hunt.It had been raining in Sydney all week and he just wanted get away to country for a few days. i needed a bit more time to plan things but didn,t have time.Pretty keen to just pack his truck and drive at 5 minutes notice.Alan brought his very nice girl friend along. So i met up with Alan and Agi about 8am the next morning and headed out too a place called Diamond Hill. With only 2 mds between us i decided to lend my gpx to Agee for for the day and i would be the target digger. Got too nearly 100 degrees about 11am but still as keen as ever we went on. I was making jokes about city folk not handling the conditions.Alan say back to me "work smart not hard" "See country boy your digging in the heat i,m just finding the targets."Well that shut me up LOL. Dug mainly lead but manged a few keepers for the day. Suspender belt [1857 embossed] a half penny 1851 strange bullet with a copper jacket and a sailors button. the area we worked produced no gold but thats the way it is sometimes.Meet Allen and his girl friend Agee and heres a few pics of the day and the finds.

tinpan

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Alan said:
tinpan said:
Hi all, On saturday evening i got a phone call from a new tn member [ Black Alan ] Allan has joined TN in the past few weeks.I meet Alan threw another new member back in the New Year. Anyway Alan who lives in Sydney which is about 700 miles from me wanted to come down to the gold feilds for a hunt.It had been raining in Sydney all week and he just wanted get away to country for a few days. i needed a bit more time to plan things but didn,t have time.Pretty keen to just pack his truck and drive at 5 minutes notice.Alan brought his very nice girl friend along. So i met up with Alan and Agi about 8am the next morning and headed out too a place called Diamond Hill. With only 2 mds between us i decided to lend my gpx to Agee for for the day and i would be the target digger. Got too nearly 100 degrees about 11am but still as keen as ever we went on. I was making jokes about city folk not handling the conditions.Alan say back to me "work smart not hard" "See country boy your digging in the heat i,m just finding the targets."Well that shut me up LOL. Dug mainly lead but manged a few keepers for the day. Suspender belt [1857 embossed] a half penny 1851 strange bullet with a copper jacket and a sailors button. the area we worked produced no gold but thats the way it is sometimes.Meet Allen and his girl friend Agee and heres a few pics of the day and the finds.

tinpan

Hi Allen Welcome to treasure net and how was trip to Kingower and did you find any gold? Gee it got hotter monday.Did you go the mine for a tour with johny mac?I will ring threw the week HH

tinpan want too keep your girl away from some these posters LOL

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
as usual me ole aussie mate !! good story an pics...didnt see any gin jockeys on the way did ya !!!he he!!

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your camera lens needs a cleaning, seems to be a smudge in most of the pictures. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread