TNET NUGGET

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I headed out this morning with the intent to meet up with a Humblemelord and his freind Matt. We met up around 8 in the morning and after a walk we finaly got to a place we could set up a worksite.(not the one I intended to get to) the first buckets showed nuttin then the first few holes started beining nothing..And then it dawned on me we had it to easy if there was any gravel on this dam bar to be had it must be as far from the sluice boxes.. So we got grabbed our buckets and to a walk and low and behold the first hole we sampled out proved nice and we immediatly began hauling buckets.. we wern't able to run many buckets becouse of the distance but we will be back!!!oh yea I got a 1.3 gram nugget today!! walked out with 2g. total Humblemelord and Matt had some nice chunkies in both their sluices though I wont know their totals till tomorrow..
I would most likely never have found that nugget if I wouldn't have met up with them and I met them on this forum so low and behold my first TNET Nugget Hopefully not the last!!!

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be Careful Now! The mfar is a big river, has lots of claims on it, is posted, they shoot at you and the like so know where you are going. Also the Deadwood area has a bunch of crazies associated with it that are how shall I say this, not friendly. BE SURE you know where you are at and that others at home know where you are at. Be aware of claims in the area you are going to and stay off of them/do not prospect them. The NF mfar is very remote country just like the story tells us it is and it is. The canyon is narrow and rugged with water clipping along at a good rate due to the down angle of the terrain so be careful when in it as it will drag you down if you get silly. Even the small section of it I've been in is rugged and its close to the road! Go prepared for emergencies.

IMHO...............63bkpkr

Carry a Spot Messenger, it is worth the price!!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM - I remember you asking about the Ken Bennet claims a couple months ago. They are located just upstream from Bogus Thunder. Might want to look into
the Comstock prospectors again as it is comforting to know you have legal access. Due to its remoteness and difficulty (Gambolin Man story), it should
be a prime spot for your sniping method.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive already made multiple trips to the area have already made hikes down to the Ken Bennett ,,,Bogus Thunder ,,,Oven Bake,,and one or two unnamed paths to the river.. I have been currently engaged in this paticuliar area for a year or so..I have done little prospecting as I have had some difficulty learning the area and due to the rugged nature.. I have a pretty good idea of the area and have plenty of maps and even copies of the Ken Bennet Claim.. I am just always listening/asking for some bit of info or some gossip about the area..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread