Tneters I need your help please

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tneter's I need your help please

I am a Sgt. with a police department and we along with two other agencies have been working a homicide for several years. We still haven't located the body, but have finally received a great tip on a general location for the remains. Myself along with a few other detectives are going out tomorrow to try to locate the remains. I can not disclose much information on the case because we don't want to give the family high hopes. There is metal wherever the remains are and we hope to locate them using my medal detector and the department detector.

I'm asking each of you to please say a little prayer tonight that we do locate the remains tomorrow so we can finally give the family piece of mind knowing that they can give their family member a proper resting place. And we can bring justice to those involved in the homicide. Please keep us in mind tomorrow and I will update my post tomorrow night and let you know if we located the remains.

Thank you in advance,

Matt

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck my friend. Praying for your success and some closure for the family.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do wish you luck in closing the case. To that end I can not see why you don't enlist the help of some other T-net members. I'm sure there would be at least some volunteers in your area. I do know if in my area I'd help, and be responsible enough to keep any pertinent info as it should be, on the QT.

OP
OP
3 of 6 GMG's

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do wish you luck in closing the case. To that end I can not see why you don't enlist the help of some other T-net members. I'm sure there would be at least some volunteers in your area. I do know if in my area I'd help, and be responsible enough to keep any pertinent info as it should be, on the QT.

That is a option that hasn't been ruled out. Just not for tomorrow. We have a marker of sorts to search around. Only problem is there are many of this type of marker around. If we don't locate the site tomorrow we are going to reach out to several resources to assist us, and put law enforcement with each group for any potential recovery.

OP
OP
3 of 6 GMG's

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all that have responded so far. I've worked several homicides in my career, but none that have bothered me as bad as this one. I pray I can post tomorrow great success.

Thank each of you again,

Matt

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Matt - Praying for success and closure. If you need help, do not hesitate to ask, plenty of good people here!!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a option that hasn't been ruled out. Just not for tomorrow. We have a marker of sorts to search around. Only problem is there are many of this type of marker around. If we don't locate the site tomorrow we are going to reach out to several resources to assist us, and put law enforcement with each group for any potential recovery.

Our club helped a Philadelphia search team last year. I ended up finding the cell phone they were looking for which was buried. Good luck I hope you can give the family some good news.

Brian

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Matt, I pray you all are successful in finding these remains. Using metal detectors to locate a burial site means that you think it is a shallow burial. I'm sure you know that a shallow site of this nature lends itself to varmint depredation and the scattering of the remains so walk softly and keep your eyes open. Best of luck...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Prayer sent.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prayer sent Matt. Good luck. I know you'll have success. Maybe tomorrow. If not check again. Make sure slow moving and go perpendicular in your grids. I'm sure you know it. I'm sure we'll have good news in days to come.

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sad story :( Good luck!

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Matt,

Good Luck, Stay Strong, Have faith that your efforts will produce results. My prayers are with you.

Patrick

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers said, hope it gets put right, GL!

OP
OP
3 of 6 GMG's

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We did not locate the remains today, but have narrowed the possible location down. Due to a few conditions we did not use detectors today, but will be using them in the near future. We are going to use other resources as well as man power when we do. We will be having a meeting in the next week to discuss the operational plan for searching this area.

I know all I have to do is ask, and many of you would be more than happy to assist. If I can get the approval for that I will post for assistance. I will also update this post when a plan is in place.

Once again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Matt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck My thoughts & prayers go out to the family. God Bless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread