To all half dollar box searchers...

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only once in maybe 100 boxes I got A sealed shut brinks box, and all the rolls had been searched. Then re-rolled in the wrapers and put back in the box. Brinks did not redo the wrapping only into a new box.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I order sealed boxes, but I have had tellers sell me "machine wrapped rolls" that turn out to be MWR's that someone checks and restuffs the machine roll. I caught on real fast when I notices one of the rolled edges wasn't actually rolled, it was folded over real tight.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Lyfeguard said:
I order sealed boxes, but I have had tellers sell me "machine wrapped rolls" that turn out to be MWR's that someone checks and restuffs the machine roll. I caught on real fast when I notices one of the rolled edges wasn't actually rolled, it was folded over real tight.

I have never got a box like the OP describes. I order from banks and I get MWR's.

I have got machine rolled halves from one bank that they wrapped and it coughed up a couple 40's.

As for folded over edges. I keep forgetting to take pictures. All 8 of my brinks boxes this week were like that, all of them gave up 90's. Next week I have 6 boxes due of Brinks, I will remember to get pictures. I have not had a problem with String rolls though, they are always perfectly done.. I need a knife to pry them open to search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread