To all you paranoid conspiracy theory nuts

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Just know that manipulation in large markets doesn't ever happen so stop being paranoid.

JPMorgan to pay $410 million to settle power market case

Not So Fast, Libor Manipulation Still A Threat Under NYSE Euronext Takeover - Forbes

http://www.minyanville.com/trading-...Oil-Traders-Manipulate-the/6/24/2013/id/50498

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...ets-record-fine-hft-stock-market-manipulation

http://www.futuresmag.com/2010/09/01/nyse-sees-manipulation-in-cocoa-markets

OK, so some markets might possibly, maybe, allegedly, and possibly be just slightly manipulated a little itty bitty bit, but it doesn't matter and nobody gets hurt so quit b!tching.

We all know big and fancy markets like gold or silver could NEVER be manipulated, right?

[insert sarcasm icon here]

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But JPMorgan is supposedly getting out of the physical commodities business because it is not "profitable enough".... Hmmm, I guess manipulating prices for profit doesn't actually work that well after all. [insert sarcasm icon here]

There will always be people, investors, and companies TRYING to manipulate markets. Many times they will succeed. But the REAL question is "to what end"? Just how much is the price manipulated? Are we talking about silver being manipulated by 10 cents an ounce? 50 cents? 2 dollars? If you listened to the REAL conspiracy theorists, silver should be $150 an ounce right now and the likes of JPMorgan are manipulating the price down by $130 an ounce! I personally can't buy into such theories.

So just how useful is it to show cases of manipulation or share stories of some trader who supposedly heard other traders bragging about manipulation if we don't even know how much manipulation we are talking about? I have no doubts that there are people out there trying to manipulate every single market. Some are trying to manipulate them up while others may be trying to manipulate them down. But what is the net effect on prices? If you did research and found that there really is manipulation on the order of 10 cents an ounce, who would really care? But if your research discovered that silver manipulation was on the order of $10 an ounce then you'd be onto something.

It isn't enough to show that manipulation exists. We all know that there will always be people out there trying to manipulate the markets (and sometimes they succeed). Show me how much that manipulation impacts the price up or down and then maybe you'll get me interested. Remember, the world is not black and white. Just because manipulation exits doesn't mean that it has a real impact on the average investor.

Last edited:

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida
Market manipulation does not occur; however, I have it on good authority that lunar aliens will be buying up 2/3's of the world gold supply by week's end.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Market manipulation does not occur; however, I have it on good authority that lunar aliens will be buying up 2/3's of the world gold supply by week's end.

According to author Zecharia Sitchin and his translation of Sumerian cuneiform, said aliens already were here for the gold plus the added benefit of genetically altering the "humans" they encountered during that time eons ago. But that is a subject for a different day. :laughing7:

Jim

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Given what Enron did to the California electricity market a dozen, or so, years ago, how could you rule anything out?

I don't agree with FloridaHunter, though, they're not "lunar" aliens. The ones buying gold now actually came from a galaxy much farther away (and probably missed space ship/boat, at that)!

TCK

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Guys crack me up!! MeThinks you have been comsuming too many of those hemp laden Brownies!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgot to add: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not someone out to get you!"

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
You'd be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahmen Silver Worm!! Ahmen!! Bring on the Aliens!! AMERICA!! Hopefully we will be capable of breaking their intergalactic code and destroy their evil civilization, hopefully we will be capable of detecting their silver and gold catches!! America!! Bring on the Brownies-Unleaded of course!! VERDE!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahmen Silver Worm!! Ahmen!! Bring on the Aliens!! AMERICA!! Hopefully we will be capable of breaking their intergalactic code and destroy their evil civilization, hopefully we will be capable of detecting their silver and gold catches!! America!! Bring on the Brownies-Unleaded of course!! VERDE!!

The aliens are already here but there is no political forum to discuss that topic....

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a link for that? :icon_scratch:

Jim

Jim, I am not referring to Deep Space 9 aliens. LOL
It was a joke my friend, I have to take a break from following spot prices and reading about
our country going down the proverbial toilet.

:occasion14:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
we don't know everything that has or will occur. we are just humans we are not "god" we do not know it all. --odds are good we are not alone --with billions of planets out there, how can we be so sure that we and we alone are the only planet with so called "intelligent life" on it?

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listen to Coast to Coast radio. Does that make me a nut ?

Attachments

• 1351183525_slowmotion_underwater_gunshot__glock_22.gif
    1351183525_slowmotion_underwater_gunshot__glock_22.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 82

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
not by my book -- while at sea late at night --I often listened to it on my shortwave radio --often it had very interesting if at times somewhat offbeat shows.--so many folks these days are being brainwashed to only think "inside" the box and to not think for themselves --to be easily lead by others. frankly it is sad to see so many "sheeple"

Last edited:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we don't know everything that has or will occur. we are just humans we are not "god" we do not know it all. --odds are good we are not alone --with billions of planets out there, how can we be so sure that we and we alone are the only planet with so called "intelligent life" on it?

Recently read that the vaccine makers have found using "insect DNA" as an ingredient for less human body reaction to vaccines ..... Still like the episode of "Twilight Zone" where the Aliens give earthlings a book. When they can decode it, humans will know why the aliens are here... Book title: "To Serve Man".....

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I usually don't give out free advice. People pay me a ton of money for my advice but on this one occasion I will help you ill informed people out. Sell all your silver and gold and invest in ALIEN BELLIES. Not to be confused with pork bellies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread