To all you paranoid conspiracy theory nuts

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
But JPMorgan is supposedly getting out of the physical commodities business because it is not "profitable enough".... Hmmm, I guess manipulating prices for profit doesn't actually work that well after all. [insert sarcasm icon here]

I wonder if "profits" really has anything to do with it (I don't think it does). Looks like something might be coming by way of new regulations or un-doing old ones. Other large "banks" are talking about getting out too, not just JP Morgan from what I have been reading. I wonder if whatever is coming is good for gold and silver?

Fed Should Reverse Commodity Policy, CFTC?s Chilton Says - Bloomberg

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't surprise me, with the current political mentality, if the Administration announces a confiscation of all physical PMs as a way to distribute wealth. Maybe they gave the banks a heads up to prevent a banking collapse. We are still doing paranoid conspiracy theories, right? :)

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me, with the current political mentality, if the Administration announces a confiscation of all physical PMs as a way to distribute wealth. Maybe they gave the banks a heads up to prevent a banking collapse. We are still doing paranoid conspiracy theories, right? :)

I was thinking more along the lines that we have been seeing the commercial position in silver futures (and gold more recently) becoming more and more long over the past few months, and now seeing news that some large "banks" (often called bullion banks by commentators) are discussing getting out of the physical side of the business (will they still be called bullion banks if they stop dealing in bullion?), that maybe they know some metal supply issues are coming. With the commercials going more long it seems likely that the large bullion banks are now more long than they have been in many years. This way the bullion banks will in a position to gain if there is any rise in price due to lack of enough say gold to deliver on futures markets. The specs (large and small) would be holding most of the short positions and be on the hook to deliver to the longs who demand delivery, and some might opine left holding the bag so to speak.

People always used to say you would never see physical gold and silver go too high because it would have financially hurt the powers that were allegedly manipulating the prices lower and/or keeping their prices "artificially" low, but now those banks who some have accused of being manipulators, might be getting out or removing exposure to the physical market, it could mean something is coming in the commodity markets that will make physical PMs go up in price and/or the metals scarce at these prices. The burden to deliver is on the shorts not longs.

Just my wild speculation.

Jim

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is off topic, but what do you guys think the haul brought in by Odyssey Marine Exploration last week will do to silver prices over the short term? That was a large amount of silver that is going to the British Mint.

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it how space aliens and precious metals and the government are intertwined. Wasn't there an episode of X-Files devoted to this? :thumbsup:

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Market manipulation !!!!! Doesn't anybody remember the Hunt brothers from Texas,
and how they played the silver market many years ago.
If you have money------its easy to make more money.

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Market manipulation !!!!! Doesn't anybody remember the Hunt brothers from Texas,
and how they played the silver market many years ago.
If you have money------its easy to make more money.

Yeah, but greed has no end.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, if a bot burped, the market could either implode or explode, depending on the moon and solar cycles! :laughing7:
Along with the whole entire known universe, as we know it...... :laughing7:

You can find the alien return video by googling the you tube for Ray-El, he already landed years ago, but no one seems to have noticed! :dontknow: :laughing7:

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like they are even manipulating our country's debt level figures (by not reporting truthfully). Nothing to see here folks, move along (I believe most sheeple can't even tell you what the debt level is within 10 trillion or so thus this story will have no legs). Just keep the number the same and all is well; it hasn't moved in 87 days or so.

Pretty much magical thinking to believe if you don't tell the truth about the debt limit number everything is somehow OK. Maybe it is?

Treasury Ran $98 Billion Deficit in July--But Debt Stayed Exactly $16,699,396,000,000 | CNS News

Just my opinion.

Jim

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aliens? Yes indeed, and they have taken over the bodies of our present government! Their goal? Chaos? World domination? Armageddon? Who knows. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'd best not say any more, I might suddenly and mysteriously disappear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread