Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Becuaese you were not asking for a reference to the manual but user experiences so I was just pointing that out to the other poster. Sometimes, just pointing to the manual doesn't help if it doesn't explain why. Besides, you know were the manual is and I presumed that you had already read the instructions but were asking for additional information based on user experiences or because the manual information was not explained very well. The link might be help to others, though, so it was a worthwhile post by WaterWalker. No offense intended, thought we had joked about this before. Remember, there no dumb questions when it comes to this stuff... :)

Not my precious manual. It's good but not the end all an be all. That is why I don't typically just answer questions with manual links and no additional info. Of course I always learn something new through the forum interactions. That is the whole point. Also, the manual is great and all, but the only way to learn a machine is to get out and swing it.

I'm not a genius but glad what I am posting is helping you and others get the most out of the Equinox, hopefully. HH

I like the v manual it’s a lot more interesting lol.

No once I squash something it’s over forever. I was being sarcastic when saying “What’s so funny”. I’ve grown to love you.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only ground balance on Tuesdays.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Wednesdays?

no, Wednesday is for noise cancel .....I keep it simple.

Monday is the day I swing only right...thursday I swing only left...friday I rest cause I get dizzy spells for some reason.....

Last edited:

RelicsRings

Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4000, XP Deus, Garrett Infinium, Whites TDI, Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ground balancing the Equinox in certain sites can definitely make a difference. For example, last week I was at a beach in the wet sand and started out at zero. This beach has a moderate amount of black sand and in areas a lot of rust flakes from rotted iron. I got a signal that I really couldn't tell if it was ground noise or a deep target, so I did an auto GB, number settled at 26. The signal at that point came in a lot stronger and gave a solid 20-21 TID, turns out it was a thin mercury dime down about 8-9 inches. Unfortunately no date was visible.

Another place I found it pays to GB is in plowed fields. I like to run some threshold so I can tell when I'm in iron, as it nulls when your over it. The first time I hunted a plowed field using field 2 GB 0, I was getting constant nulling, I assume from the uneven ground and minerals. I did an auto GB and if I remember right it settled in the mid 50's. The nulls for the most part subsided, not sure what effect it had on depth, but I'm sure it improved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread