To the Board and all members

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I joined this forum to learn things about metal detecting and to share with everyone my own experiances in the field and to share what I've leaned with others.
It has been brought to my attention that there are some of you that don't like some of the posts as of late. I guess I'm just human and after being constantly challened on what I'm finding finally got to me! Personaly I don't really care that members believe me or not but I wanted to stop the questioning of my finds that's why I took the camera to the field and posted pic's of me finding these rings, but I still got greif.

I will remove the post that are in question and will refame for posting my finds on this site because there are just to many posters out here that don't want to see theses finds because they seem unbelievable.

I guess if I was reading this fourm and saw the finds I have posted it might seem that I'm full of it or this guy is really lucky.

For the record I have never posted anything on this board I didn't find and they're all real BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

My apologizes to anyone that I offened.

Onion?

Upvote 0

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Onion,

I for one ENJOY seeing your posts, and reading about your finds. I think it would be a loss to the forum for you to quit posting. Your rings have started many threads of discussion and have helped many people.

Just my opinion.
Dave

C

Charles,Oak Island

Don't remove anything. Just keep posting. Don't sweet the small stuff and remember everything is small stuff.

Haaaa, we understand they only let you out on the weekends when there is no full moon. (just kidding, I think)

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I don't know Dave the comments that I got from posting my finds on the most part were great! But there is one thing I can't stand and that being questioned on integrity. In my life I have proved over and over again that truth and intgrity is the only thing you have when the hard choices have to be made.

If there're are still posters that don't believe what I'm posting READ THIS LINK!

YOU WILL SEE THAT INTEGRITY IS ALL I HAVE LEFT. ?

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGN...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Yes this is me and for the members that watch the video that's my ugly mug.

ONION

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I believe in ya onion, anyone spending the time you do in the field and as into ?MD'ing as you are will be rewarded with great finds, keep it up!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? kenb

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOR THE RECORD, the posts that have been Deleted were at ONIONS REQUEST. His Integrity, IS NOT BEING QUESTIONED, by anyone here at the TREASURENET STAFF . I personally had fun with your Big Foot Poll & tryed to pad the poll in favor of the YES, but even I couldnt do that :-) .

H

Hyena

Onion,
It's obvious to me that you spend a lot of time MDing, and your finds are greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie and frankly, reading your posts is one of the main reasons I joined this forum. It's nice to see what others are finding, and I enjoy exchanging ideas in order to benefit us all.

Keep on posting exactly as you have! Sure, my mind wandered when I saw all the booty and swag you've been finding, and that's when I figured that you must have considerable years of experience, trials and errors (not to mention a fair amound of MDing time available in order to reward you with the finds you've gotten). We all could benefit from your experience, not to mention becoming more motivated to explore this world. I'm going to Puerto Rico this week, and I have no idea where to look, but I have an MXT and a surf PI I can't wait to play with there :o)

Onions are stonger than that, aren't they (grin).

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Thanks guys for the kind words and I have thought about posting my finds and I will continue even though their will always be people that don't believe.

Onion

psarci

Dec 28, 2003
Fort Lauderdale
Onion,
I have been enjoying this website and forum for a couple of years. I am more of a reader of this forum than a poster. And, I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your finds.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep posting i really like to see what you've found. keeps my intrest going during the winter when i cant get out find my own stuff. ;D

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Onion,

Keep posting. I like to see waht you have been finding here in our own State! Forget the people that don't believe you. We believe your finds! I hope to get together with you sometime this spring.

Keep up the good work and posts ;)

HH
The Reiferman

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Keep posting, It inspires me to dig more signals. I'm more interested in what areas of the parks, or wherever, that you are making these great finds. Keep it up.

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I find these rings almost anywhere I go but if you know of a park that has alot of events I would start there.
The park I've been going to has several events a year where thousands of people go.
Schools are another good place to detect I have found just as many rings at school as parks.

Onion

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Onion, don't let it bother you. The only reason to falsify finds on this site would be to boost your own ego and make others feel inadequate. From what I know about you and what others will discover when they read the link you posted, that's just NOT ONION! It's not like your gonna win a trophy for what you do. Besides, It takes a lot of balls to rage against the machine! Keep on keepin' on brother......As for the sceptics....FCREW 'EM~

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Onion I enjoy checking out the picks of your rings.
It does not matter if I or any one else belives you.
As long as you are having fun that is all that matters.
Posting all of you finds gives us something to talk about.
There are alot of guys that cant get out this time of year
and looking at all of those rings may just make them jealous.
I know I am. I have a request if you get a chance post up
a picture of all of the rings together you have found this year
if you will. I would also like to know the settings you use on that BH.
I do not have one but I mite buy one. Do you dig alot of pull tabs
with it that sound like rings?

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Do you want to see all the rings or just the one's I found this year?

The settings on the BH are...

Discrination at Zero
Sensitivity at 1:00 oclock
Toggle switch on tone mode

Dig all soild targets broken targets indicate foil you will dig everything else.

I would start in a spot that dosen't have to much trash to get the feel for the detector the middle of a playing field ought to work.

HH

Onion

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onion,
There's always someone out there that will give you crap for your opinion, that's because they have *hit for brains!
When you post controvery on these websites, you'll get it back tenfold by a select few individuals, but there are always a few naysayers in the groups. I've caused way too much controversy on this website over a few years, but then again, that's what makes for some great reading too! 8) Don't leave, usually the naysayers are the one's to do a "hit and run". They usually don't stick around long before they are off to another website to cause controversy.
Coinshooter

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI
Onion -- ?I love your posts too -- I've never had a doubt.

This is my feelings about this wonderful board. ?This is a FREE service. ?People do not need to pay money to use this system. ?So if they don't like what they read/see/etc.. Or don't want to believe it, they can take a hike.

Now if this were a premium service, where people pay to access research data, and they didn't like some of the posts - -that might be a different story.

I hope I can hunt with Onion sometime -- I'm sure a newbie like me could learn alot of from an experienced metal detector like Onion. Ok.. That's my 1 cent worth... And it's the only coin I've found in my 20 minutes of detecting with my new detector!!!

And if you don't believe that I found this penny...keep your mouth shut! ?Let's have fun here! ?Keep diggin' Onion!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread