To the Board and all members

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I joined this forum to learn things about metal detecting and to share with everyone my own experiances in the field and to share what I've leaned with others.
It has been brought to my attention that there are some of you that don't like some of the posts as of late. I guess I'm just human and after being constantly challened on what I'm finding finally got to me! Personaly I don't really care that members believe me or not but I wanted to stop the questioning of my finds that's why I took the camera to the field and posted pic's of me finding these rings, but I still got greif.

I will remove the post that are in question and will refame for posting my finds on this site because there are just to many posters out here that don't want to see theses finds because they seem unbelievable.

I guess if I was reading this fourm and saw the finds I have posted it might seem that I'm full of it or this guy is really lucky.

For the record I have never posted anything on this board I didn't find and they're all real BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

My apologizes to anyone that I offened.

Onion?

Upvote 0

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Oh, and is it illegal to print a karat amount on a junk ring? it may be stupid qeuston but i was not sure, oh yes it also has a makers mark kinda in the shape of a dimond. HH CS

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
K looks like....18k H.G....I maybe... and a dimond shaped stamp,...wait teh last intilal letter is F, or an Eye for teh dimond, and i just saw that the big stone has kind of an red tint in it, well thats all i can give u now. HH CS

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
You said 18k HG. Are you sure there's no an E right after it? If so, it stands for Heavy Gold Electroplate, which is just a thick plating of gold on a cheap base metal. Not trying to burst your bubble, CS.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Awwww. BOOM! it burst! It does have an E after the HG I'am soo dissapointed I need to find somthing valuable! this is very anoying, well atleast I can dream about all of the rings Onion found Onion! keep posting!! keep posting!! keep posting!!keep posting!! keep posting!! keep posting!! keep posting!! I would die without all of ur posts to encourage me ty for the info, well just to show u guys what the crap ring looks like heres a pic from my scanner (just realized that i could u a scanner) well, HH CS

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 244

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
You know what the best part of showing junk is!!? You think it's junk and then later you find out it's worth BIG BuckS! And that is the beauty of this hobby!Thats why I don't let those" loser's attitude "get the best of my.... what I feel was my hard earned time doing what I like, Even if it wasn't the best find! Because when you least expect it something will be found that will blow their minds and all you will have to do is say....HA !HAHA HA! HA! HAAAAA!!.........Look what I found!....You know! That little nasty tune that will put them in their place! Like when someone drives that Brand new shiney Dodge up and down the street while you are dripping drool from your mouth as he drives by with that half blank ....$%^$#@&^!! You know smile! by! IT CAN HAPPEN!

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Ghost, That's a little harsh, but I get the point your trying to make.

Rings are all great finds no matter if they're not worth anything to anyone else they are still worth alot to the finder because it's a good memory and a great story.

Onion

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Speaking for myself you can't always dig up a ring everytime you go out and a lot of the times they are junk but each one is still good because you are able to get out and enjoy fresh air, peace and quiet, and relax even if only for an hour or two. I probably dig 4-5 junk rings for every real ring and I'm happy that my pouch is heavier when I leave than wh I started. HH! Keep digging. :D

H

hunting4gold

Dont' let em get to you... Its been done to me too.... Just ignore them and keep showing those goodies....

Larry

sssnake31

Dec 27, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've enjoyed your posts and finds. Lucky or skilled? Doesn't matter either way, gives me incentive to try and hunt hunt and hunt somemore. Keep the posts/finds coming. HH

chuckered

Sep 18, 2004
bremerton washington
Keep up the good work onionhead, your post and finds always make me think there is a Lot more for us all. This is one of the main sites i look at everyday, sometimes many times a day. It makes me want to get out there as soon as I can find a partner and the weather gets nicer, I hope to be out there too. The wife does let me out by myself because of health. But keep making my days with your finds, those flaming you are just jealous.

M

mrmeeks

"keep posting and keep diggin ..I enjoy all your post.. "? I agree!!! ;D

Z

zeuss69

Well i like your post and hope you continue to post.It seems to me that you have a lot more people on your side than against you.So i wouldn't stop postting.I'm glad some one can find the stuff you fine and can share it with the rest of use.Thats the way we can learn.I'm not even a detecterest I'm a dredger but now after reading your post and others Ive cleaned off my detector and started using it again!I think you've done a good job and keep up the good work and never let anyone stop you from doing anything you love to do.Don't let one bad apple ruin the whole tree.cause theres a bunch of us who you keep motivated in going out and triing to fine treasures and gold.DON'T STOP POSTTING we need more not less.

zeuss69 PS if you ever want to come to north Carolina and hunt your more than welcome to stay here and maybe teach me a few tricks of the trade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread