To upgrage or not to upgrade that is the question

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,
Here is my situation I have the idea that I am finding too much trash and maybe a better detector will help me determine a little better what is down there in order to decide to dig or not.
At the moment I have 4 detectors and I see that the performance on them is very similar. Here is what I have:
White mxt300 with the 6x10dd coil
Bounty hunter platinum
Teknetics delta 4000
Detectorpro wader

I was thinking in getting a white v3i and maybe, thanks to the 3 frequencies and the vector display I will be able to dig more goodies. Also might consider other machines but the question is: will I see a big difference from the detectors I actually have?? Will the new detector make me find more goods than trash? Should I just keep my detectors and stop complaining?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig plenty of good stuff with my MXT it took me till the end of my second year to get real good with it though, I would get a D2 coil(White's 10" DD coil) as you will get alot deeper targets than the 6x10DD. Alot of digging the good stuff comes with a quality spot to detect, you won't often find old coins in a new park if there was nothing at that location before it was a park. I take my MXT to a park thats been pounded since the 70's and still find old silver with the D2 coil at 6 discriminate and +2gain I listen for those faint real deep targets all the surface targets 7" or less are all clad there. I detect with a guy that has a V3i and can get targets as deep as him and yes your still going to dig some trash even with that detector. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread