Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day that deep hole with nothing in it is going 2 put a great BIG smile on your face with a fantastic find !! Keep digging till u find that chinese coin on the other side of the wourld!! MaineRelic.

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
MaineRelic said:
One day that deep hole with nothing in it is going 2 put a great BIG smile on your face with a fantastic find !! Keep digging till u find that chinese coin on the other side of the wourld!! MaineRelic.

Well, I believe I had dug it once before but only went about 7 inches before I gave up. When I dug it today the plug was very easy to dig and the dirt came out very easily at first. I will probably dig it again someday!

What does a bunch of coins sound like? VDI like?

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
MaineRelic said:

The wife and I were digging on a local beach a few years back. Got one of those solid coin signals. Dug and dug and dug some more. About 3 feet down, found a chunk of steel flat 1/2" thick x 4" wide x God only knows how long. (We only uncovered about 2 feet of it's length) We put the sand back. :wink:

Pulled an old pipe wrench out at around 18" once, too. It also ID'd as a solid coin.

Point is, the larger the target, the deeper you will detect it, and the less reliable the ID will be.

If you are where you can dig a massive hole w/o offending anyone, go for it ! Might just be that pot of gold !

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread