todays 2 boxes of halves....plus an unexpected surprise

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 boxes were both skunks. However, this afternoon i was patching some dead spots in the front lawn, when i scraped up a wheatie. Then 2 more, then 4 more, etc, etc......ended up with 15 wheaties between 1928 and 1956. Very weird that they were right near the surface, but show the exposure to elements, so i know they have been there awhile. Moved on to my next patch a few feet away, and scraped up a 1973 Memorial, then 3 more, etc, etc......ended up with 10 between 1973 and 1977. A very unexpected find......I guess you just never know......

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting! do you know the history to your property? i think you should do a further investigation of the area, maybe some indian head pennies in another pile ;)
hh
buff

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you should get a metal detector.

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merc.......I had one....a whites XLT.....used it on discriminate......obv did not pick up these 2 pocket spills.,,,altho that was a few years back. Unless i dropped them last sept cleaning my house out after the flood.....which is totally possible. I have bags of wheats and bags of mems.......bet that was it.......duh.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still exciting to find...even though you "found them twice". 8-)

HH,
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread