todays bank experiences

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
so today i decided to go to some banks and try to get some pennies.

1st bank: i asked them if i can get some pennies, (the lady there knows that i look through them) she says that's they are charged 10 cents a roll and that's what i have to pay. i said no thank you and told them that you have never charged me that before, and she said it was new, but said if i have an account then they won't charge me. I asked how much the savings account minimum is and she said $100, but i have to use it. she then proceeded to say that if i don't use it then she won't give me rolls! she acts like she is sent from god to stop CRHers!

2nd bank: here's 2 boxes of pennies but we would like it if you have an account with us next time. only $25 minimum in savings. and they'll order me them every week. (they're getting my business!)

3rd bank: are you exchanging cash or taking out of your account? (i have an account here). here's your 2 boxes

4th bank: we charge 10 cents a roll, no thanks

5th bank(same bank as the 2nd just different location): we're out of pennies, but we can order you some

have you guys ever heard this 10 cents a roll thing before? they're all supplied by brinks
i'll tell you guys what i get out of these 4 boxes later

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard that before, but also never heard
"We will order you some" :'(
Hope you get good finds!
Wicka

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Wells Fargo down the street from me charges those fee for rolled coin. I was gonna setup an acct and was told they still charge. They charge $5 per box too.

OP
OP
archertiger3

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
has anyone ever said they have an account yet you didn't? they asked me if i had one and i said no, but they never ask for my name so there is no way they would ever find out if i did or didn't

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are charging a 10% fee on every roll of pennies.

Wow that has got to be a money maker for them if they can find people to buy their pennies.

I would definitely be on the pass list for this deal

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PNC will charge by the roll. I asked if they charge that for account holders, and she said yes. I hadn't opened an account yet and wanted to open an account, but wouldn't open an account if they were going to charge those fees.

I'm still going to check with some larger PNC branches in the area, since I need some more dump branches for halves. I have noticed that since I live in a small town outside of a metro area that the branches follow different sets of rules, and it appears that is because different regional managers set their own rules in regards to special circumstances. Coin orders for non-business account holders is one of those special circumstances.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread