Todays beach finds (since everything else is frozen)

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
I took the musky on it's first beach hunt today. Works great in dry or wet sand. Even works fine in total blacksand where most of the finds came from. The ring is marked 14K and something else. I think they're both plated or gold filled. Looks like a chip of the gold came off the ring. I think the bracelet is gold filled. Still got a rush finding it though. Was limited to how deep I could dig. Some places only 2" top layer other areas maybe 5" layer. The rest was frozen. A good 4 hours out there with my heated gloves and socks which I might add worked great.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 12-30.jpg
    12-30.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 692
  • 12-30a.jpg
    12-30a.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 693
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 691
  • plated.jpg
    plated.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 692
  • charm.jpg
    charm.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 698
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When all is frozen ,hit the beach. Those 30 -40 NW winds there{Sea Isle} yesterday were brutal. Nice finds and have a Great 2010 Mike

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Son of a Beach them some nice sand finds for this time of the year!

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Glad to hear the machine works at the beach esp. in the wet where most struggle :thumbsup: Great finds, gold or not I love seeing jewelry come out WTG

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Glad to hear the machine works at the beach esp. in the wet where most struggle :thumbsup: Great finds, gold or not I love seeing jewelry come out WTG
Thank you. I too was surprised that it handled the wetsand with ease. Both my Troy Shadow detectors just did'nt do well and I'd have to hunt the dry sand. Even with the sensitivity up there it still did well. The Advantage Musketeer is a great underated detector.
Happy New Year
Mike in NJ

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike95inNJ said:
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Thank you. I too was surprised that it handled the wetsand with ease. Both my Troy Shadow detectors just did'nt do well and I'd have to hunt the dry sand. Even with the sensitivity up there it still did well. The Advantage Musketeer is a great underated detector.
Happy New Year
Mike in NJ

Nice bunch of goodies!

I agree that the Musketeer is under rated. Once you learn the language it speaks, it is a great machine.

DCMatt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread