Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's concrete coins

Went hunting for 3 hours today at a local flood plain park, for a park that floods alot, the ground was like concrete and I don't own a jackhammer :-[. All are clad with the exception of 3 wheats, '49, '50(birth year) and a '46? What have I learned about digging in concrete? Nothing.... But I was gettin' desperate, the fish have been hiding from me, the silver is hiding, and the wife is trying to get me out of the house. :tongue3:. My trip plans for upstate N.Y hunt is on hold til I get some more gas clad, and if we don't get some rain soon, we're gonna run out of 'skeeters! ::). Any, this is all I found today........ Not GE

Attachments

• dirty money.jpg
    dirty money.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Re: Today's concrete coins

Well let's celebrate anyway because at least ya got out and found something. So here goes.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :wav: :wav: :wav: :headbang:

:hello2: :occasion18: :blob1: :icon_cyclops_ani: :occasion14:

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks Peachy, that was much needed.......

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Very nice job on the 3 wheat pennies! Yeah the ground has been like concrete up here too! Really hard to dig up in washington state! Tempatures are in the high 80's to 90's. One day we almost reached 100! I am waiting maybe a few days to hunt.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

At least when I am fishing, the water is cooler than the ground is baked..... ;D

R

RUDY2003

Tough diggin buddy!
We've all been there.... :BangHead:

Keep safe...

Keith

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
R/S Discovery(BH IV) cousin

Nice finds & I feel your pain. Weather wise (This is just the last 4 days) Temps here were98,99,101&100! Humitiy as high as temp with heat index peaking @ 105. And if thats not enuff Thunderstorms like clock work at 3:30. Today in the eastern section weatherman 2nite said that area had over 5000+ lighting bolts in about 30 mins. over there. Makes for early A.M. hunts. D.D.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:angry7:
Like DetectingFreak says the ground sucks here too. I try to hit the turf early so the sprinklers can do there work and at least soften the top couple inches. But once the heat hits the turf turns to adobe brick. Luck in gettin the funds for the trip.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

Yeah, that reminds me, I need to sharpen my 3 in 1 digger. I can't afford the jack hammer ;D

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300

rough day on the plains. Wish my wife would try to get rid of me every now and then.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

The ground here is so hard that it gives new meaning to " Terra Firma" also, just north of me, they had hard water coming from the skies :o. We have 30% chance of liquid tomorrow. >:(...... Not GE

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

What have I learned about digging in concrete? Nothing.... But I was gettin' desperate, the fish have been hiding from me, the silver is hiding, and the wife is trying to get me out of the house.

notgittinenny...you are one funny dude. :laughing9: :laughing11: :laughing3: and i love your taylor. i'll have to get his # as the beer is taking its toll on my gut too..

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!

I was thinking of heading to that "flood plain park" this weekend...maybe I'll wait for a good soakin' rain now. :-\

ra-diemaker

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Whilst our heat has not been as bad as most everyone's here has been, for the month of july, we were supposed to get almost half an inch of rain, we only got 1- 100th. of an inch. The temps have been in the low 80's to about the upper 70's, but the humidity has been 90 to 110%. :icon_jokercolor: that's typical when you live in the great state of HuMichigan ;D. Right now it is 55 degrees with 92% humidity. I try to get out early for 'tectin' and stay for fishin', then later I go to favorite spot in the park to listen to free live music. This is the 3rd. year for a bunch of local instrument players that get together and play for free, they play Jazz, Blues, country, gospel, old rock, old heavy metal, Motown, no RAP! I gave them the name of; "The newburgh Jammer's" in Honor of the lake in the park called Edward N. Hines Park the park has been in use since the 1890's, different sections, different decades. And some musician is there every day of the week, they are mostly guitar players, they use battery operated cube amps, because the County will not let them use their electricity >:(. As usual the county does not relize what an asset these people are to the Park system, they bring alot of people into the park, and when the fish aren't biting.....a reason to stick around! They have a keyboardist, 3 harmonica players, 6 electric guitarists, 1 drummer, 1 dobro player, 1 hammer dulcimer player, 1 clarinetist, 1 steel guitarist, 1 flemenco player, some great singers, and they take requests! I have personally seen many fishermen and ladies dancing or singing on the pier. I will post a pic of the many pics I have taken of these people as soon as I resize a few. thanks for reading.... Not GE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread