Todays CW relic finds

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• oct10-2.JPG
    oct10-2.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 439
  • oct10-1.JPG
    oct10-1.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recoveries. Check that Enfield for a base mark. It's amazing how many CW sites have a hinge or lock in the area. HH, Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a very productive hunt to me. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the CW lead & great looking hinge.
What is that round piece below the hinge? Button? :icon_scratch:
-MM-

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Looks like a very productive hunt to me. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the CW lead & great looking hinge.
What is that round piece below the hinge? Button? :icon_scratch:
-MM-
Wish it was a button, just a wheat penny.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition to checking the Enfields for base marks like "57" which stands for the caliber which is .577. They also have letters in them very often but the Three Ring Minie balls also have stars in them from time to time. Little stars are called "Washington Arsenals" as that's the Arsenal that made those types of Minieballs and the Big stars are actually from being machined and they're called "Swage". Congrats on some nice Civil War lead :wink: :icon_thumright:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll take some lead anyday....few piece's of history saved once again :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
In addition to checking the Enfields for base marks like "57" which stands for the caliber which is .577. They also have letters in them very often but the Three Ring Minie balls also have stars in them from time to time. Little stars are called "Washington Arsenals" as that's the Arsenal that made those types of Minieballs and the Big stars are actually from being machined and they're called "Swage". Congrats on some nice Civil War lead :wink: :icon_thumright:
Well, over a course of about 15 years of CW relic hunting, I have dug over 5,000 bullets and not a SINGLE one ever had a base marking. GRRRRRR! Still... I get a bigger thrill pulling a minie out of the ground than a silver coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread