Todays Dig Find Reveals Another Complete Point

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to take advantage of this spring weather. Here is about 4 hours of searching. I believe the point in the middle is the best one I have found of that type of material. I think I broke the tip off the one at the bottom right. Ouch. The black piece is possibly a awl/drill? A knife and the scrapers at the top. The point in the middle is 1.5 inches. Thanks for looking at my rocks!

Attachments

• DSCI0410.JPG
    DSCI0410.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
What are you typing those little triangle shaped points as. I have one just like that one in the middle...appears to be the same material as well...Burlington Chert I think.

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really not good at the types of the material. All I know is the color. The point is Ft. Ancient. Thanks for post/view Archer66!

in.rockhntr

Feb 28, 2011
SE IN.
Looks like you got a couple whole little triangles and is that a spokeshave there at the top left? Great finds, and thanks for showing your rocks.

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have another piece like the one on the top left. I would say some type of wood scraping tool is my guess. Thanks.

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply guys! I found the stuff where the plow has never been. I think that I break/nick them more digging them out. Thanks for the view.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Score! Nice digs man. When I find a broke, I ALWAYS think I did it. Careful study will eliminate me as the culprit most of time but yes, we will break some on occasion. If you broke it, it will be easy to find with careful sifting. Love that drill, fire starter, perforater thing, whatever it's called, it's nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread