Todays Dimes and a Nice Teller hooks me up!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Today's Dimes and a Nice Teller hooks me up!

Got $300 in CWR dimes today. Gave up three silver FDRs including a 1946 in very nice shape. But....

When I was dumping at my main dump bank (I've been working on buttering them up big time, and it's starting to pay off!), my favorite teller asked me if I was into old bills. I said sure. She had about 20 old ones saved, most were from the 60 and 70s and not in great shape, but I did get the following: 1 1934 $20 Federal Reserve Note that looks Brand new, 1 1934 A $20 Federal Reserve Note that looks pretty good, and 1 1934 $100 Note that looks pretty well worn. Check out the picture. I would be interested if anyone knows much more about them. I talked to my coin shop bud, and he said they are worth more than Face Value, especially the nice 1934 $20 note.

It pays to be nice to the Tellers, you tend to catch more flies (Silver, cool coins and other stuff) with honey for sure.

HH

Attachments

• FRN Notes.jpg
    FRN Notes.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my tellers asked me too, do I save old bills? Sure I do. Out she pops with two silver certificates $5 notes, two $5 star notes, and a $20 gold certificate. All for face value.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
One of my favorite tellers asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago if I had any interest in old bills, and I said yes. He came out with 10 1953 $5.00 bills some stared and said you can have them so I laid out the $50 and thanked him. Last week went back for some coins and he said the lady brought some more in of those old bills and did I want them too and I said sure. Another 10 $5.00 bills only these were 1934. He said she didn't have any change or coins yet but if she came back in with the old bills he would save them for me. I said thanks and if she has any coins save those too.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. As a side note and personal comment I personally feel that the old $100's look 10x better; Ben has a nice warm fur coat on, the look on his face is happy. The newer series, he looks kind of sad, face drooping, it just is not the same.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. As a side note and personal comment I personally feel that the old $100's look 10x better; Ben has a nice warm fur coat on, the look on his face is happy. The newer series, he looks kind of sad, face drooping, it just is not the same.

He knows the economy is going down hill. He had to sell the nice warm coat to feed the kids and pay the rent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread