Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Find!!! ***HOT*** Just a story

Well I didn't go out hunting today, too hot so I was in the yard working on the tan :headbang: The it came to me like a bolt of lighting.. I was almost going to post a bogus story and see what type of replies I would have gotten. I did find 1 Civil War Bullet in the past. So for your entertainment, here's the story.

This weekend I was invited to hunt some property adjacent to a Civil War battlefield in Virginia. 1 1/2 hour into the hunt in a wooded section full of brambles I got my first hit and pulled my first bullet :hello2: Then I post a picture of the bullet and the story continues and gets better :laughing7:

I stayed in this area looking for other artifacts, but was not able to get any hits for another 45 minutes. Then I got a faint hit and wasn't sure what it was. Well I got to digging and about 4-5 inches down I caught a glimpse of rusted metal and perhaps leather. I carefully dug around the area to see that it was some type of footwear. Sure enough I pulled an old Civil War boot with a skeletal foot in it. Looking at this shoe and foot in my hand gave me the willies and I noticed that the boot was a small size, perhaps a mans 7-8. I decided to bury the boot where I found it.

I hope I did the right thing, after all the shoe didn't hit me. My question is, "Do you think I should have buried the foot and kept the shoe".

I bet I would great some great and angry replies :laughing9:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Find!!! ***HOT*** Just a story

Bet he was the poor guy thats always referred to as,"A 1 legged man in an @$$ kickin contest. :laughing7:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Well Spart, I have to ask..........does this poor guy need that boot? Do you think he would mind? Now if that boot had a solid gold buckle on it I doubt we would be having this conversation, you'd be far too busy on a beach in the Bahamas. If you had dug about 5 feet to the left you might have found a few gold fillings! :o :tongue3:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Had he dug straight across he might have a pair of boots now .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread