Oil Spill

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
This spill gives a whole new meaning to 'Blackened Red fish' in New Orleans.What a catastrophy this is.It's been 21yrs since the Exxon Valdez spill and it's still affecting that area.It will probably be 30yrs before the Gulf is clean.I worked with and know several of the shrimpers out of Bayou La Batre in AL and out of Ocean Springs,MS.Their whole way of life is disappearing before their eyes.And those pristine white sand beaches will be no more,even into FL.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Man the price of gas/oil/and shrimp gonna go sky high! the humanity!!! :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :sad10:

It already has.. Most stores only keep a 2 day supply on-hand so the price will jump on Monday. I guess any fish from that region now will surely go on the "Black Fish market". :laughing7:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't that how Bubba Gump started?
No - wait. That was a storm.

Will be hard to tell gold bearing black sand from other black sand.

I don't eat shellfish but feel bad for the jobs lost.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well folks theres always the east coast of florida beaches * ( looks like the west coast florida beaches will be hit)--the whole gulf area seafood bussiness and oyster & shrimping is going to hurt big time -- poor new orleans*** first katrina now this --- just in time for the "we need to open the oil beds off of floridas coast for drilling" --might as well "drill" now --the damage is done * -- so now we gotta recover fiscally from it somehow.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much or a surprise when these companies can deep drill with limited regulation and obviously have no diaster solution, or at least a good one. I think by the time it's said and done it will be far worse than the Exxon. (If it's not now it must be close do to the difference in location)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread