Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today's finds and a question.....

Here it is all 85 cents worth.2-quarters,1-dime,3-nickels,10 pennies.Also included are a rusty top of an old pull top can,1 nail,a few washers(I thought I hit silver with the rusty lock washer),a piece of copper pipe,small piece of a watch band,and a piece of rusted something or another.At least one of the nickels is from 1951.They came from a local park.I'm not complaining cause this is a pretty good haul, for me anyway, and the park is right down the street.My question is how many of you all get laughed at by your spouse or friends when you show them your (usually) meager finds?Some people think i'm crazy,but I do enjoy it.So let 'em laugh at will cause one day....one day......I will hit something really good.

Attachments

• ty finds 61405.jpg
    ty finds 61405.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Re: today's finds and a question.....

ya I get a few laughs now and then, but when I find something nice..it usually shuts them up. I know the silver rings I foiund (that my wife now wears) made her stop laughing LOL! I would wear a pink G-string and a training bra if thats what it meant to beable to go detecting LOL. LET EM' LAUGH!

R

rusty nails

they laugh at me - which tells me they r crazy or extremely stupid - dont let it bother u just keep swinging and learning - your day will come ~ ! each time a go detecting good or bad day it calms me down for atleast 3 days - leftybassplayer

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA

I get laughed at all the time by my wife and family. ?They call me a nerd, which does'nt bother me, because I am one and have been for a long time. ?They also kid me, and are always telling me how much wieght iv lost......because of that commercial that was on a few years ago with that guy detecting on it he said........"she's proud of the wieght iv lost, and she's really proud of this!" ?And he holds up a gold ring with a dimond in it. ?It was kind of a corny commercial. ?I dont know if you guys remember it or not. ?Anyway, i dont care much. ?Let them laugh I say. ?I have a ton of fun detecting and I am going to keep with it. ?Its alot of fun. ?I dont think people know what they are missing. ?Talk to you later, Brad.......Nice finds by the way.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

hay i would not worry about laughs.when they lose something you will be the first person they ask to find it for them. and when you do find what they lost do not tell them keep it in your collection.'' who is laughing now"

F

Floater

Are you kidding Diggemup!!! I cherish being the Nerd, The freak, The queer one. I get more of a kick sometimes when people look at me crosseyed and just laugh to myself. My wife and all my friends think Im whacked but they all know I'm having fun. Besides you got to have some big ones to go out in public like we do. LOL ;D Your finds today are the best. I love coming home with the mix. My wife goes bonkers when I tell her I'm saving a Piece of junk and putting it in my Treasure chest.But shes the first one to pipe up about my class ring find and the silver earring and the like when we have friends over.I love this stuff. ;D HH

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

Fly your flag proudly my friend ! ;). As Dr Suees said people that mind don't matter and people matter don't mind. I used to get laughed at too. But my haul over the last 3 months has been $53.49 in clad a million pull tabs 2 costume rings, a dog license tons of junk . So like that cheesy song says don't worry...........be happy......... The more people who laugh means fewer people looking for treasure......... Never stop digging ....... Treasure awaits Good bye and good luck from Central Ohio

Ace Villav

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

Hey, your finds look like mine on a "good" day, except you got more clad! Let 'em laugh. Everyone but my husband thinks I'm nuts, and I'm good with that. Keep on keeping on!

vicki

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are some really good finds!
? ? ? ? ? ? ?And yep....I get laughed at all the time....tell me I'm addicted.....can't you ever get enough.....let's do something else....do we have to do that today......did you find your treasure today....are you ever going to get tired of this.....you get the picture! But it is FUN! Why can't they all see that? ???? ?I just don't understand! ?:D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana ?;)

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

Let em laugh and they will, but you got the $$$ I know people who would not pick up loose change on the sidewalk because it is tacky, fine by me move over while I get it....money for free hmmmmmmmmm who is nutz???

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggummup,

Don't let the laughing bother you. This is a great hobby that gets you outside for some exercize and relaxation and maybe a chance to make some money,too. Better than being a lazy couch potatoe all the time. Keep on diggin' and having fun !

Huntin' 59er

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL!

Yeah, I still get the "what a dork" and a laugh here and there but,

hey,

this dork has found some cool, old, and valuable stuff over the yrs while I've watched some of the "finger pointers" stand by and get PHAT while being lazy, while I cash in on finds, and have fun/adventure they WISH they could find, and could have!! ;D

Nothing better than showing off a nice artifact, or a nice gold ring, and or an old coin worth a few bucks to those type!

HH

Lonewolfe

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75

Those people don't know what they are missing, I like it that way!!! More for us ;D

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D you'll be the one laughing when you find the real good stuff................. ;D especially those nice little rings that the Mrs. might think about keeping for her personal collection............now recently I got a bit of satisfaction, when one of those individuals, who used to laugh at me and tell me that I was wasting my time on nonsense. Called me up and asked me to locate a missing item in her yard.........not only was she thankful, but I got twenty dollars for about 15 mins. work...........I'm the one laughing now...... ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

?;D Don't get me wrong,it doesn't bother me.I just can't understand for the life of me why they don't see the excitement of it all.I mean you know,what other" hobby" is there that offers the possibility of finding things others have lost in time(pieces of history) such as a valuable piece of jewelry or rare coin or colonial coin or relics from the civil war or even some clad.I could go on and on,I love :P finding "stuff"so NO ;) it doesn't bother me.WE ARE A BREED APART!As far as people staring and gawking go,they usually do that anyway to me,i'm almost 6'6" tall and weigh 280 lbs.,so i'm used to that.Good luck and H.H.-diggummup

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Theres just that certain Zen about it all. The artful explorer....the joy of discovery...the lure of treasure. Its not for everybody.Niether is football or fishing or craft shows.All I know is that when Im following the magic wand; rain on my head, dirt under my nails, IM HAPPY,,,,and when the joy of my life looks at me like Im freakin nuts, I just tell her...."ITS A BEEP THING......YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND"!

HH...JO

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My friends laughed at this hobby but, when I told them about lonewolfes ,dave enc,or freetodetects finds they listen in awe and amazement.Then I tell them that could be me but certainly wont be them.My friends tell me thats for old people.Iguess ill be well experienced when i do get old then.It doesnt bother me.

S

SD MUDDOG

LMAO. :D ;D :D My girl used to laugh at me hard core with her friends too until one day I took her out. I made her do all the digging. She was like a little kid in a candy store..Its funny now I laugh at her cause she is a Treasure Hunting freak..She wants to dig everything and now hates the BLM too.

J

JackRussell

All my friends laugh at me, my husband and his buds are the worst but one day i will find something extraordinary and they will all be jealous....the best part it will only be mine ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread