Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today's finds and a question.....

Here it is all 85 cents worth.2-quarters,1-dime,3-nickels,10 pennies.Also included are a rusty top of an old pull top can,1 nail,a few washers(I thought I hit silver with the rusty lock washer),a piece of copper pipe,small piece of a watch band,and a piece of rusted something or another.At least one of the nickels is from 1951.They came from a local park.I'm not complaining cause this is a pretty good haul, for me anyway, and the park is right down the street.My question is how many of you all get laughed at by your spouse or friends when you show them your (usually) meager finds?Some people think i'm crazy,but I do enjoy it.So let 'em laugh at will cause one day....one day......I will hit something really good.

Attachments

• ty finds 61405.jpg
    ty finds 61405.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Re: today's finds and a question.....

No - no one laughs at me...at least not to my face! My friends think my new hobby is a hoot and they all want to go along on my next treasure hunting experience. Of course, they're quite sure that we'll find gold - or diamonds or both (and they think I'll share!)
I live with parents and they are both more than delighted when I come home with my pockets full of lord-knows-what. My dad, who's almost 80, usually meets me at the front door, with his hands cupped in front of him exclaiming: "Where's the loot?!?" Right now he's dismantling the cute little silver car I found today in an effort to get the motor working again. I think he gets almost as much fun out of my treasure hunting as I do... well, ALMOST!
Ruth

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SaintSea said:
I live with parents and they are both more than delighted when I come home with my pockets full of lord-knows-what.? My dad, who's almost 80, usually meets me at the front door, with his hands cupped in front of him exclaiming: "Where's the loot?!?"? Right now he's dismantling the cute little silver car I found today in an effort to get the motor working again.? I think he gets almost as much fun out of my treasure hunting as I do... well, ALMOST!
Ruth
That is too cool 8) !!

CS110

Feb 12, 2005

My wife kinda kids me and tells me I'll be one of those old men on beach hunting for coins. SHes gotten use to it though and tells me that as long as she gets to keep the good jewlery and I find enough to pay off the DFX then she's fine with it. My friends seem to take me seriously but my one frien does call me Indiana everytime he sees me now. I don't care, I'm having fun and that's all that matters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread