todays finds..no charges this time! 3 buffalos..1 wheat..etc

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
First time I've been out since the "charges" came against me which ended up pretty much being dropped besides paying $300 for the lawyer, but thats neither here nor there. I went back to the old abandoned school built in the early 1900's and was there for maybe an hour and popped out a 1935, 1936, and I think whats a 1919 buffalo nickel(s), and a 1942 wheat. I'm taking pics now, its the first time I've struck silver EVER!! The Ace250 finally came through! I'm pretty pumped about this school and I'm def going back since I have PERMISSION and full access to it. There is an old set of stairs in the woods leading up the school from the street where I found the coins, I'm just ready to go back!!

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
What were the charges for if you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the silver and great place to hunt.

OP
OP
grogmug

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
something stupid..no big deal though some people read about it here and went pretty crazy over it. It ended up being nothing in the long run... you think I should go back to this place?!

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Buffalo nickels and wheatie have no silver in them....However, I do suggest you go back to the site you recovered them from because there is more then likely silver waiting for you.

I hope a leason was learned about "The Charges". And the reason why a lot of us went crazy is because you are representing our hobby, and what our reps do effect us as a whole in the long run.

That being said, I am glad you are back in the saddle and making more finds!

OP
OP
grogmug

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
Thanks man. Another question though, WHAT DO YOU USE TO CLEAN THE BUFFALO NICKELS??? I've used a couple of different things but nothing working like I want it to yet. I found that the dateless says 1919 on it...

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
grogmug said:
Thanks man. Another question though, WHAT DO YOU USE TO CLEAN THE BUFFALO NICKELS??? I've used a couple of different things but nothing working like I want it to yet. I found that the dateless says 1919 on it...

I have only found two of them, however I think I put them in hot sauce overnight and then tumbled them for a bit.

Seems to clean them up a little bit.

R

RUDY2003

Nice finds grogmug!
That site sounds promising....

Welcome back.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some lemmings never die...........good going on your finds.... hope you find many more great finds......

OP
OP
grogmug

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
I'm about to take some pictures....the 1936 is in near PERFECT shape. Thanks for the comments...I'm going back this weekend! Any suggestions on detecting an old school such as this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread