Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Now to buy more accessories. Way to go!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
;D
Cha-Chink, cha-chink. That should keep you in battries for a while. HH

Desertfox

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stormtrooper154 said:
desertfox said:
;D
Cha-Chink, cha-chink. That should keep you in battries for a while. HH

Desertfox

Buy some silver :-)

Actually Storm that is what I do with most of the clad and also the wheaties I pull from bank bags.

This was an especially good 3 month period because I found a couple of areas that were just full of quarters. I forgot to check the totals on the slip from the coin counter for the individual denominations.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well done your PCV (per coin value) is 8.17 cents very nice! Sounds like you had quite a few quarters mixed in! :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh, so that was YOU that I got behind in line at the bank! >:(
That's a lot of clad.
Congrats,
MM

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Good work WA, Could you tell me an estimate on your amount of hunts and hours you hunt?

I took in $55.00 from this summer today for paper. I guess I am like you when jars get filled and they are going on the floor, I get rid of some, at least the easy wraps.

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
waseeker said:
I don't keep track of the number of coins I find, I just throw them in a box and when it gets full I take it to the bank and convert it to paper.

My most recent totals for May, June & July are:

1,904 coins totaling $155.74. ;D
Question? Do you clean the coins, before you take them to the bank?If so how?

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
_lOl_CoinShooter_lOl_ said:
waseeker said:
I don't keep track of the number of coins I find, I just throw them in a box and when it gets full I take it to the bank and convert it to paper.

My most recent totals for May, June & July are:

1,904 coins totaling $155.74. ;D
Question? Do you clean the coins, before you take them to the bank?If so how?

I clean a lot of them because they are so dark and grungy 8). I use a small rock tumbler I got at a craft store. I put in the coins, some aquarium rock for abrasion, water and a small amount of dish washing detergent. They come out a bit gray & flat looking but they are clean.

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foilman said:
Good work WA, Could you tell me an estimate on your amount of hunts and hours you hunt?

I took in $55.00 from this summer today for paper. I guess I am like you when jars get filled and they are going on the floor, I get rid of some, at least the easy wraps.

I hunt pretty much 6 days a week with Sunday being reserved for golf ;D and generally I'm out for 2-4 hours depending on what other chores I need to get done. During this period I had 3 "unusual" finds. 1 - An concession area at a local football field where I pulled over $30.00 in quarters, very very few dimes and cents and no nickels. 2 - An elementary school where my nephew, brother and I pulled over $50.00 in clad. I got more than 1/2 of that haul because my brother and nephew were sharing a machine. What was unusual was that the town had 3 other elementary schools and we didn't get $3.00 total from the other schools. 3 - a local elementary school where I pulled somewhere between 80-90 coins in a 3 hour hunt.

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Waseeker,
Based on your time spent I guess I do OK. Unfortunately I don't get out as much as you are. As you call them the " unusual spots " can really push the numbers up and make we want to go for change. Other times I find so little I don't want to bother with it. The modern stuff can be a lot of fun. I look at it as the change is a nice steady dividend while investing time to find better stuff. Money is money and beats the heck out of pulls and caps!

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zartan7779 said:
wtg thats awsome see who said pennys dont add up lol

They sure do. The penny carton is almost full again and I suspect after next weeks trip the clad box will be full as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread