todays finds?

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasure net should look into changing the ''today finds'' because people posts from 2 weeks that get a reply to get bumped up to the top again..a little misleading..ive even seen some posts that are a month old get bumped back to 1st of ''todays finds'' todays finds should only be todays finds..smh

Upvote 0

fourleaf

Oct 19, 2007
Creedmoor, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Vibra p. 570
I understand what you are saying also! I am sure you know this but as soon as someone replies to a topic then it goes back to the top even weeks back. The heading doesn't match the forum entirely though, so i see what you mean!

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe change the title to "Recent Finds" to make everyone happy. Theres a grey area with "recent" but "todays" imply the day of. Just a thought.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hurricane dale said:
treasure net should look into changing the ''today finds'' because people posts from 2 weeks that get a reply to get bumped up to the top again..a little misleading..ive even seen some posts that are a month old get bumped back to 1st of ''todays finds'' todays finds should only be todays finds..smh

Get your point.

But ultimately what your suggesting can lead to people posting items today which get no interest & stay at the top or they need a forum for each day :icon_scratch: This would mean items that had lots of interest but were found yesterday would drop off :dontknow:
It's simple, people post on here the day they find it or as close as possible (there is a little flex allowed), & if people want to drag up a year old post then that's fine. All you need to do is look at the date & ignore if your unhappy its old news.
'Recent Finds' would cover it but aren't we just splitting hairs & being a little fussy, no-one else who spends a lot of time here has raised a concern, as far as I know. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, the posts do have dates on them, i dont mind reading posts from weeks ago. they fill the page,
winters coming also, there will be much less of them listed. yeah the busy season gets a bit confusing
with all the posts but its nice to see some get bumped, it shows interest.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
hurricane dale said:

Get your point.

But ultimately what your suggesting can lead to people posting items today which get no interest & stay at the top or they need a forum for each day :icon_scratch: This would mean items that had lots of interest but were found yesterday would drop off :dontknow:
It's simple, people post on here the day they find it or as close as possible (there is a little flex allowed), & if people want to drag up a year old post then that's fine. All you need to do is look at the date & ignore if your unhappy its old news.
'Recent Finds' would cover it but aren't we just splitting hairs & being a little fussy, no-one else who spends a lot of time here has raised a concern, as far as I know. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Im with you CRUSADER.....I love this format.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also see your point but it is no big deal too me.

I've seen posts that are many years old come up to the top due to someone just discovering it during a search they did. I usually just ignore it. There are other times that I'm following a thread and like to see all the updates, continued research or others comments/opinions although I usually do that through the 'My Unread Replies' feature.

One thing they may want to consider is that once a post is 6+ months or even a year old it will only bump up to the top if the original poster adds a comment or one of the moderators. That way we don't see: "Cool find...don't know how I missed that one six years ago."

Another solution would be to add a Today's Finds Revisited forum. When a posts hits a certain age and someone adds a comment it automaticlly gets moved over to that forum.

But again I don't think it is a big deal.

NJ

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
CRUSADER said:
hurricane dale said:

Get your point.

Im with you CRUSADER.....I love this format.

agreed

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one major flaw in changing it to be literally, today's finds. That is that not everyone visits the site every day, so when someone shows up say 3 days later and posts a reply, if it's not bumped back the thread is far back enough that no one sees their reply, and a general flow of posts on pretty much every thread would be lost. It would be great if you could just see what was new but for the reasons I stated it would kill the forum.

Here's a thought of how it could work but not sure if it's possible to do. Or would be worth the effort, but I think it would work.

You have two forums.... Today's finds ... and Finds. All new posts go on Today's finds and a duplicate thread is automatically posted on the "Finds" forum. But what happens is all replies regardless of which forum they're posted on only get submitted under the finds forum and the Today's finds forum just stays single threads with the day's finds.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Today?
Recent?

A rose by any other name would be just as sweet.

I don't care what you call it. I just like looking at the finds whenever they were posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread