Todays Flea Market Finds

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of a nice day thought I would check out the local flea market and here's what I brought home.
The knife is 12" long over all and the blade is 7" sharp on 1 side serrated on the other, the guy selling it thought it was for digging up land mines ;D it's new its heavy and probably made in China, no markings, but will make a good digging tool for the park. Cost $5.00
Next is belt with the silver plated conchoes 11 concheos 30" long must have belonged to a skinny Indian :dontknow: Will make a nice hat band. Cost $2.00

And last is this iron bar, I dug that up last week along with a coupe of beer cans and a few pop tops. The bar is 8" long and weighs around 5lbs, my guess is that it's a counter weight off of a scale :dontknow: Any body else for a guess?
Marty

Attachments

• 100_4692.JPG
    100_4692.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 968
  • 100_4693.JPG
    100_4693.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 968
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron bar is probably a window weight

HH
-GC

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The knife's a Japanese style gardening knife. The are sold by some detector dealers and manufactured new for sale on line. Look at the wood handle compared to the blade. They are good knifes though. I believe they go for about $30 new, so still some value. I would clean it up, resharpen, oil the handle, and use it!

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the reason I went to the flea market in the first place was to see if I could find some sort of digging tool, so I really lucked out on the knife. It is brand new and just a couple of rust spots from lying around. I wonder about the handle, if you'll notice the rivets don't go all the way through. For $5.00 I couldn't pass it up and walking into the park with my other digging tools raises a few eye brows

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 410

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions