mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Stopped at TD after work today to see what I could get. A couple of the friendliest tellers at the branch helped me out by not selling me marked rolls, which this branch gets dumped on to some extent. They get some pretty good cwr sometimes so I still like to hot them up, even with the dumping

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-2960520995.jpg

Got cut off by phone app. Anyway I got $30 dimes,$40 nicks and a box of quarters. Ill post my results later. Don't have high expectations but we'll see.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! Hope a standing liberty is waiting for you! HH

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well results are in:

Dimes skunk
Quarters skunk
Nickels 1 war nick
1 pre 1982 Canadian

image-1576149661.jpg

Better then nothing

Attachments

• image-2268019975.jpg
    image-2268019975.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 126

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well results are in:

Dimes skunk
Quarters skunk
Nickels 1 war nick
1 pre 1982 Canadian

View attachment 731464

Better then nothing

Heck yea man, is the pre 82 Canadian valuable above face at all? I am in the midwest away from the boarder so I rarely see Canadian coins - thus I have never looked into the fine details regarding them.

War nickels are one of my favorite finds personally. I know the value isn't a ton - about 1.75 in silver right now - but for me it takes the most effort to find those bad boys.

For cents and dimes i use a ryedale and for halves I'm an edge checker. Nickels are the only denomination I go through roll by roll and check date/mint mark above the monticello to find the keepers. With this kind of effort, i am not sure I will ever have enough that are valuable to outweigh the sentimental value of each find.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SilverHoarder07 said:
Heck yea man, is the pre 82 Canadian valuable above face at all? I am in the midwest away from the boarder so I rarely see Canadian coins - thus I have never looked into the fine details regarding them.

War nickels are one of my favorite finds personally. I know the value isn't a ton - about 1.75 in silver right now - but for me it takes the most effort to find those bad boys.

For cents and dimes i use a ryedale and for halves I'm an edge checker. Nickels are the only denomination I go through roll by roll and check date/mint mark above the monticello to find the keepers. With this kind of effort, i am not sure I will ever have enough that are valuable to outweigh the sentimental value of each find.

Yes war nicks are fun and I find a fair amount. The pre 82 Canadian nicks aren't really valuable but worth more then face, kind of like copper cents. I enjoy collecting them and sometimes I get the old ones with king George on them. They are pure nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions