Latest Hunt $1,000 in Halves

hogan646

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up $1,000 in halves from my local bank and was pleased with the results.

First Box: One 1967

Second Box : One 1964 and One 1946

I would take these results any day!

Hunt 01-26.jpg

Upvote 0

Guns Blazing

Jan 23, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I am planning on getting 2-4 boxes of halves with my tax return in a couple weeks and use everything i find to start my newborn daughters collection. It is inspiring to see you get 3 out of 2 boxes.

Good luck!

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you CRH guys have more patience than buddha when it comes to this,I CRH but not on a scale large enough to mention here,I do about 500 in dimes each month,ive seen a few guys do 2k in dimes in a day.If i were to do 2k in dimes in a day,It would require a bottle of crown and a hot blonde to keep me focused.
Nice finds man,Love the 46. Its just like the kinda women i like,Dirty..

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I do about 500 in dimes each month,ive seen a few guys do 2k in dimes in a day.If i were to do 2k in dimes in a day,It would require a bottle of crown and a hot blonde to keep me focused.
$2k in dimes? 24 hours in a day, so ya have 22 and a half hours left when yer done searchin em

OP
OP
H

hogan646

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I have been finding halves that someone has been running a silver Sharpie around the edge. Funny how most if not all of them are 1971 coins. It is very annoying if when you are scanning the edges. Anyone seen something like this?

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I have been finding halves that someone has been running a silver Sharpie around the edge. Funny how most if not all of them are 1971 coins. It is very annoying if when you are scanning the edges. Anyone seen something like this?
Loads of them. I'm not impressed either.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a couple of 1976's

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loads of them. I'm not impressed either.

Marked coins are quite annoying in my opinon aswell. I see heads and tails spray painted all sorts of collors, marker edges in various colors and my personal favorite - edges spray painted silver.

The underlying reasons for marking coins is ok with the exception of people who spray paint the edges silver - this is motivated by greed and is an attempt to make novice hunters quit due to repetitive failure to find silver which what seems to be multiple coins per roll.

I personally dont mark because I typically find silver regardless. The other day I found a walker, a ben and several 40%ers mixed in with heavily marked coins.

When it comes to someone trying to discourage me...I say bring it on - My biggest score was approx $900 net profit on a 4k search of halves...I'm not going to be discouraged any time soon :)

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! In the pic it looks like the ken on the upper right has ear wax haha. And as for the silver marked 71's ive been finding those lately too

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I gethalot of coins with fake silver colored rims!

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i heard something about the silver rimmed coins being part of an ebay or show scam a few years back from a guy at the gun show, i doubt ALL of them are but im sure some were part of it. They had those plastic wrapped coins with "visible silver"

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
you CRH guys have more patience than buddha when it comes to this,I CRH but not on a scale large enough to mention here,I do about 500 in dimes each month,ive seen a few guys do 2k in dimes in a day.If i were to do 2k in dimes in a day,It would require a bottle of crown and a hot blonde to keep me focused.

Haha

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LuckyThirteen08 said:

Whatever it takes. Git r dun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread