todays meager finds........

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
Hit a field early this morning.Hoping to snag an old coin but it wasnt meant for today.Did find a musketball and a flat button. ;D
musketball-1.jpg

After a few hours I hit an old beach that Ive been hitting hard the last couple of year,no silver today but did get this old ax head, :)anybody know the approximate age?
axehead.jpg

Maybe next time I will get silver!! HH :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
wow wouldnt want to be on the recieving end of that axe head. could cause some major headache. nice finds.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! The axe head looks hand forged and very old, I am not an axe expert but I would guess mid 1700's.

Steve

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
If you Axe Me, I think that axe is old! Ha Ha....HH...jgas

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several of these axes from very old to modern. It should be flat on one side or the other, and has a common name of a broad axe. They were, and still are used by some for hewing timbers. Some even had a small notch at the bottom for pilling nails. But they would be more toward the newer end. The flat side would be the side held toward the beam when striking, to get that rough hewn semi flat surface. Hope this helps. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread