crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening fellow TNETers! Been a while since I've had a hunt because I have been to California and back to Bangor Maine. It's been so dry here in central Ohio. The rain finally came today. I tried to get in a hunt but kept getting delayed because of the rain showers. Then my pinpointer broke in half. 100+ plus dollars made in China! Duct tape did the trick but I had to drive back home to fix it so a nice afternoon nap was in line :D Was able to find another old key, (second one on this property), 1st pic is the first key I found back in July ,a stirrup (hope I got it right), a ladies powder tin from the 20's by Richard Hudnut, a gas lamp top (3rd one on the property), a spoon with the initials C&S, a little modern clad in front of the house where more modern inhabitants parked their cars, a little brass object (no idea). The rain is supposed to end in the morning so I will be out swinging after the rain. The picture on the end are from Historic Portsmouth New Hamshire. Thanks for looking and enjoy the lobster ;D

Picture382-4.jpg

Picture500-1.jpg

Picture706.jpg

Picture708.jpg

Picture709.jpg

Picture703.jpg

Picture705.jpg

Picture704.jpg

Picture710.jpg

Picture711.jpg

Picture712.jpg

Picture453-1.jpg

Picture676.jpg

Picture664.jpg

Picture649.jpg

Picture678.jpg

Picture667.jpg

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hey, what'd that lobster ring up on your detector as? I've never been able to find one, but I tone out most crustaceans.... :tongue3:

Neat keys!

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Good to see you're back in Ohio swinging the coil. That sure looks like a killer site. With a little patience you should be able to pull some nice targets from there. With less patience, you could turn the site over to me and I could clean it out. ;D

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
af1733 said:
Hey, what'd that lobster ring up on your detector as? I've never been able to find one, but I tone out most crustaceans.... :tongue3:

;D ;D ;D I don't remember but it was delicious

Neat keys!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
crazyjarhead said:
af1733 said:

Neat keys!
Man, I'm jealous! I wish I lived in an ocean-front state. Out here landlocked in New Mexico, good sea food is extremely hard to come by.... :'( :'(

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
daytondigger said:
Good to see you're back in Ohio swinging the coil. That sure looks like a killer site. With a little patience you should be able to pull some nice targets from there. With less patience, you could turn the site over to me and I could clean it out. ;D

I've been hunting it all summer. I don't know if you have read my other posts but found some nice stuff there and still finding, but not the old coins that I am hoping for. The property is quite large including the bean fields surrounding the home 50 acres. I can't wait until the beans are out because there is a lot of untouched land I haven't hunted yet. I will be hunting this place until the ground freezes over. There is also 10 acres of woods that I am waiting for. Nice Old existing property . I just purchased some old maps from 1876 so I will be getting into GPS soon, too. Thanks

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
af1733 said:
crazyjarhead said:
af1733 said:

Neat keys!
Man, I'm jealous! I wish I lived in an ocean-front state. Out here landlocked in New Mexico, good sea food is extremely hard to come by.... :'( :'(

I am a truck driver and live in Ohio. That was on one of my trips (vacations). Thats the good thing about being an independent driver as I can go anywhere I want, get a rent a car and go on vacation 365 days a year;D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
crazyjarhead said:
af1733 said:
crazyjarhead said:
af1733 said:

Neat keys!

I am a truck driver and live in Ohio. That was on one of my trips (vacations). Thats the good thing about being an independent driver as I can go anywhere I want, get a rent a car and go on vacation 365 days a year;D
Nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
crazyjarhead said:
daytondigger said:

I've been hunting it all summer. I don't know if you have read my other posts but found some nice stuff there and still finding, but not the old coins that I am hoping for. The property is quite large including the bean fields surrounding the home 50 acres. I can't wait until the beans are out because there is a lot of untouched land I haven't hunted yet. I will be hunting this place until the ground freezes over. There is also 10 acres of woods that I am waiting for. Nice Old existing property . I just purchased some old maps from 1876 so I will be getting into GPS soon, too. Thanks
Actually, I have been reading your posts and watching all those finds, but I thought from the picture that it looked like a different house. You're going to have plenty more good finds there my friend. :icon_sunny:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt with some awesome finds bud!!! :thumbsup:

Sgtrock

Sep 5, 2008
Tacoma Washington
Hi...neat finds...the C & S is part of a makers hallmark and not initials, the other marks indicate place of manufacture and the date of manufacture. . (I collect Georgian era sterling silver) If you could clean it up a bit I could tell you the exact year and manufacturer of the spoon. Is it plated ??

R

RUDY2003

Excellent relics Crazy! Love the keys and the Lobster...

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Keith

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and I bet you continue to find lots more. Its fun hunting the old sites, you never know what will turn up! Good luck in the future and those were nice lobsters you found also. Lol!!

Steve ;D

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sgtrock said:
Hi...neat finds...the C & S is part of a makers hallmark and not initials, the other marks indicate place of manufacture and the date of manufacture. . (I collect Georgian era sterling silver) If you could clean it up a bit I could tell you the exact year and manufacturer of the spoon. Is it plated ??

I'll check it out. I cleaned it and I see two 8's and a couple of other symbols. It also says no.2. Not plated. Looks like brass or copper. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Juanmoretime said:
Nice finds and I bet you continue to find lots more. Its fun hunting the old sites, you never know what will turn up! Good luck in the future and those were nice lobsters you found also. Lol!!

Steve ;D

Thanks Steve and Rudy and treasurefiend :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread