Todays trip to the woods.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's trip to the woods.

Hey all, I haven't been posting much because the coil went bad on my Coinstrike and I had to get a new one. Anyway I went out to my spot in the woods today and found a few good items. I found the 1905 V-Nickel and the 1902-S Barber in the same hole. The two pieces of jewelry look to be from a set but oddly I found them about a 1/4 mile apart. The pocket watch was shallow and gave an overload signal but I dug it anyway expecting a rusty tin can lid.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 156
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet awesome finds looks like your spot is still producing good job :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks buddy, it's definitely slowed down but with hard work I think it can still produce.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats the story on your spot was it a camp or something seems like a good spot i enjoy seeing your finds up there its always something good

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what the spot was, now it's just woods near a campground. There isn't any foundations or anything. There are houses nearby..maybe it was just an area where kids played.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, a V nickel and a barber in the same hole I would have been pumped, then turn around and find that pocket watch, I would say that was a Good day. Congrats!!! Good Hunting...

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you're MURDERING those woods! good finds. Funny you found that watch like that, my only pocketwatch gave an overload on the DFX too.

Sonofadigger: You're from Middlebury? I just spent the night there last night. Nice place, lots of Amish.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggit said:
Man you're MURDERING those woods! good finds. Funny you found that watch like that, my only pocketwatch gave an overload on the DFX too.

Sonofadigger: You're from Middlebury? I just spent the night there last night. Nice place, lots of Amish.

Ha ha why would you ever want to spend the night here lol and as far as the amish we definitely got em lol

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend's best friend was getting married there, neither of them are from Middlebury, it's just in the middle of where they both live.
We stayed at 'Das Dutchman Essenhaus' Pretty nice place actually.
Looked like a lot of older homes there, all I could think about was swinging a coil there. :)

I'm still kinda recovering from a case of the bubble guts. We suspect that it was from the Hardees on the I-80 toll road.
10 dollars for a COMBO meal? That was ridiculous! And to top it off we got sick from it!

All in all a really nice place though.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend's best friend was getting married there, neither of them are from Middlebury, it's just in the middle of where they both live.
We stayed at 'Das Dutchman Essenhaus' Pretty nice place actually.
Looked like a lot of older homes there, all I could think about was swinging a coil there. :)

I'm still kinda recovering from a case of the bubble guts. We suspect that it was from the Hardees on the I-80 toll road.
10 dollars for a COMBO meal? That was ridiculous! And to top it off we got sick from it!

All in all a really nice place though.

essenhaus is a great place good food nice people..as far as the houses go no luck nobody wants a random guy digging in there yard trust me ive tried so its just parks and swimming holes for me if your ever in this area again let me know ive got a couple good spots i wouldnt mind sharing :icon_thumleft:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry coinstriking for taking over your thread lol :mblah05:

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Sweet finds!!

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG! Some sweet finds for sure.

HH

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I haven't been posting much because the coil went bad on my Coinstrike and I had to get a new one. Anyway I went out to my spot in the woods today and found a few good items. I found the 1905 V-Nickel and the 1902-S Barber in the same hole. The two pieces of jewelry look to be from a set but oddly I found them about a 1/4 mile apart. The pocket watch was shallow and gave an overload signal but I dug it anyway expecting a rusty tin can lid.
Why do you call it treasure When alls i see is old rusty stuff. Looks to me some one took a dump!!Looks like you found the mother load?? 6 cents?? Just kidding great find keep it up your the best!!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome woods hunt indeed :thumbsup: that poison ivy is roaring right now, I always jump in the shower immediately after stripping down and throwing my cloths in the washer ;D

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two old coins in one hole,sweet.Good digs....................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread