Token ID Help Needed? The secret handshake.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow questers. This past Friday I went to my normal woods spot. I've hunted it to death. I thought there was still some stuff to be found there so I gave it a go. I was able to dig some junk and squeeze a couple things out of the spot. My line of thinking is that as long as there are signals to be dug I am missing stuff. So I found a wheatie and this intriguing token. It looks masonic it appears to have a compass and maybe some smoking pipes or golf clubs beneath it where the square would be. There are also some characters around the rim that are probably latin letters but the inscription is illegible. It also has a hole in the middle that looks like it was not from a bullet, it looks intentional or maybe part of the original design. On the reverse there is some kind of leafy branch. It has a date of 1922 or 1822. It measures 26mm and rang up low like a nickel or more like garbage on the ATMax. I had just gotten some Adre's pencils and gave the token a little brush only to find that I pretty much obscured / ruined all remaining detail. I was fortunate enough to take some pictures before the pencils. I can't take the pictures again because there is nothing to see. Please let me know any opinions or thoughts on it.

The next day I was able to hunt for a couple hrs at a nearby spot and found this really nice green IHP. I love when they are green and this is by far the greenest I've found. It's a little worn but not bad for a 119 year old. I also used the Andre's pencils to clean this up. I was much more successful this time. Thanks for reading! Until next time: "clad is bad leave it where it lies."

Attachments

• IMG_6706.JPG
    IMG_6706.JPG
    752.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6707.JPG
    IMG_6707.JPG
    669.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6712.JPG
    IMG_6712.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 11

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is awesome to find tokens but sucks when they look like that and I feel your pain. they made some of them out of some crappy material and they rot like that. sounded like a cool one to find though.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin finds! :icon_thumleft:

The second photo appears to have a branch of some sort at 6 o'clock, very interesting.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant help on the token, and I also feel your pain. I have found a few like that over the years. Nice Indian.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mystery solved! It's a 1922 Belgian 5 centimes coin! Nothing incredible but it feels great to solve this puzzle! I've been looking at this coin for months trying to figure it out.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the Id I dont think I could hold on to a token without an ID I would have to clean it till I got one just me glad you figured it out thats a cool coin

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the Id I dont think I could hold on to a token without an ID I would have to clean it till I got one just me glad you figured it out thats a cool coin

It's funny how much it bothered me that I didn't know what it was... and that I made it worse by attempting to clean it! Thanks!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ID and your right that is a sweet IHP!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread