Tokens, Heart, Container Worth About $50.00.......All Found Today With My Garret

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
one2-4.jpg

Headed out to a place that I have been eyeballing for some time. It's a common place for the homeless and druggies to hang out in warmer temperatures. I saw the usual syringes, broken liquor bottles and trash. On the plus side, a lot of people also hung-out in these same places many years ago. Here is my take for today, after a couple of hours.

tokens2.jpg

I was quite surprised to get such a variety of different tokens today. All but one are new to me and welcomed to my growing token collection. Dang.....another SEX token.

widows2.jpg

I also dug up this old condom container, at about 8 inches. This find hopefully helps to date this area, and maybe some other oldies will show up at a later date. These were produced somewhere between the first world war and the early 1930's. They are valued today at about $50.00 US. Below is a link in case you want some more information.

http://gometaldetecting.com/old3merrywidows.htm

BOTTLES2.jpg

I also eyeballed these bottles and one was totally intact, the other one wasn't. The one on the left has those words inscribed on the bottle. I have no idea what was sold in that bottle at one time.

And below is what appears to be one half of an old heart locket which was gold plated at one time. Not a bad day in my books. :)

Attachments

• heart (2).jpg
    heart (2).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 248

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Re: Tokens, Heart, Container Worth About $50.00.......All Found Today With My Ga

Great finds, John...
Really interesting.

HH
rmptr

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Re: Tokens, Heart, Container Worth About $50.00.......All Found Today With My Ga

So sad there's places like that in Canada too, who's a so civil Country..Syringes are usual here too, brrr...Anyway it's a real good luck there are some little treasures too in there.

Really a good hunt, congrats and really enjoy your posts ;-))

Melv

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions