63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty, likely just go visit your friend and check out any little creeks, draws, etc and see what you get. Checking his property out on online mapping systems may also help to identify test areas. The old miners just kept testing till they found "it".....................63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Herb is right on about getting out there to test. That's still the best way to see what is or isn't there. And who knows, you just may have a pleasant surprise.

Post an update on what happens please.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I definitely will post results, I may not make it out there for a little while though. We do a lot of deer hunting on the ranch, so I bet I'll find a good amount of lead... And hopefully some gold too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys! I definitely will post results, I may not make it out there for a little while though. We do a lot of deer hunting on the ranch, so I bet I'll find a good amount of lead... And hopefully some gold too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lead and gold are good friends when it comes to dropping out in pay layers. Chunks of lead may just lead you to the spot where the gold's hiding (look to the right, or the left, or just below where you're finding the lead, and sometimes, the lead and the gold will be in the same hole in the bedrock, that's happened more than once!

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes indeed. The hot spots in my local creeks all have lead and gold both. I figure I'm doing a public service pulling the lead out of the waterway.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gold will be micron if any , some mines in the area but on private property, i think town of Marshall, , not sure had quicksilver mine somewhere in the area Bolinas the beach on the west side of town has oil agate avg size of a green Pea, use a tumbler and facet the stones
Point reyes side has something like Lake county diamonds in Sandstone but really hard to get too, on the upside of the cliffs at Bolinas has them as well

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Petaluma area is not going to give you anything, the coastal range mountains just dont have anything. Ive checked and panned it when i was younger. However there is that lone cindercone out in that valley heading to the central valley. Any way, head to the foothills. Head up I 80 and try in the american river just before the applegate turn off. :goldbar:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Coastal range mountains do have gold but you have to work for it, Russian river is a good example it has gold i know i have found it, but you will have to move a lot of buckets to get a single grain, to the west side of Petaluma you will find very small specks in the seasonal creeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread