Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roof metal is all on and building is 3/4 wrapped in metal now. Maybe 16' garage door today. Gonna rob the A/C from the old shop and set into place today also. Got three 110 runs wired in along with 220 A/C lead. Rest of metal I hope will be laid today but "this crew" is slow and in no hurry. I'll take and post a few pics later this evening.

Would love to have a drink with you also Viking.... :occasion14:

Signed.... Chicken Coop builder!!!!!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Youre not finished yet?I'm still waiting for my ride,wheres viking:dontknow:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'am having trouble with my transportation......
Frank%20Frazetta-Silver%20Warrior.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok.... here's the latest update. Both gable ends need to be metaled yet along with all the soffit all around. Running short on J-channel and ordered more today. Will be in Thurs. (sometime). 16' x 8' garage door will be installed on Thursday morning. Stole my "GOOD WORKING A/C" from my "old" shop and am going to install in my new shop. I'm also going to "steal" my good working wood pellet stove also. I also have a BRAND NEW-NEVER USED pellet wood stove still on a skid to install also in new shop. This "new" pellet stove (while bought new/never used) is about 8-9 years old. So heat/air will be covered I hope.

I attached a couple of pics of the unfinished building. A lot of work on the outside has to happen yet and the inside. Can't HARDLY WAIT to get to the inside and start to arrange all "things".

Attachments

• S6300746.JPG
    S6300746.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 74
  • S6300747.JPG
    S6300747.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 70

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Don't get me STARTED on the NOT FINISHED YET comment R.J. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BangHead:

At age (almost) 60 I could work ANY of these guys into the DIRT today!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure Viking, you and myself could of studded this up, set windows & doors and metaled it up in 4 days with no interruptions popping up. Things have changed I guess. REALLY CHANGED..... :dontknow:

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a really good beer. Only can get it in single bottles out here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, AGAIN, please keep your political comments out of threads not on political forum..

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I was a wonderin' where might Red be?
Banned!!!

To stay on topic (that's how I roll...) I'am having an Irish Shillelagh.
Irish Whiskey, Lemon, Powdered Sugar, Sloe Gin, White Rum.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well...I was a wonderin' where might Red be?
Banned!!!

To stay on topic (that's how I roll...) I'am having an Irish Shillelagh.
Irish Whiskey, Lemon, Powdered Sugar, Sloe Gin, White Rum.

Hell.... I'll put 12 Coors Lights up against your "Irish Shillelagh" any day!!!! :occasion14:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah, Brad,

I can wire too, whatever you need, build benches, stations,

or just roll outdoors, and explore. How's the creeks flowin' there?

Can handle either, or whatever, for a couple of days, your choice... :sunny: :fish:

Ghost Stories about Jesse James ridin' down by the Outlaw Cave...
:cross:
~:Crosse:~
P.S. Will bring power drill, nail bag, square, MD and shovel,
sleepin bag an' small pillow, firewood, lantern,
and got some hardwood that you'll like...

Been raining here A LOT again. In fact calling for rain the next 6 days also! While the rain is really no big deal backing up to the overhead door with my truck is. I have to get some railroad ties, anchor them and have a dump truck with 1 1/2" rock fill in the opening. I'll be able to pull in then with wood and tools from other shop. It's too muddy now and I'd be stuck easily. I have the power company engineer coming out Wed. @ 1:00 to review what has to be done yet to run the service line from pole. I'm using a 10/2 wire for now carrying power from shed to 200 amp service. Crude and rude but works great and I got power throughout shop.

I need to get 111 sheets of 4 x 8 x ? to cover ceiling and walls. Thinking of using 1/4 OSB on trusses and 1/2" on walls. Then I'll blow 8"-10" of insulation above ceiling and fill the walls. So before I start setting up the new woodshop (benches and tools) I have to get all the above done first along with hanging the lights. I know setting up and building new benches and an island would be a lot of fun but it will be awhile yet.

You could bring anything you'd like guy.... but I have the saws and tools right here. 4-10"table saws, 3-12" miter saws, 4 cordless drills, plenty of squares, lots of electric drills and hand saws also. But suit yourself buddy. Now the wife wants to go to Mich. for 4-6 days so I have to squeeze this in also. Give me a call sometime and maybe you can help me hang all these 4x8 sheets!!!! Got a spare bedroom and bath with your name on it.

Thanks.... Brad

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, I've got a full round head nailer...it's a big hefty thing like me...so I'll use it.:laughing7:
I also have a coil nailer, compact, will shoot 7 penny nails...for you.
We just finished a room addition and I still have 7 penny stainless ring shank nails for that gun. Yeh? I lowered the air pressure and asked the new guy...can you pull those nails out? HEH he did not succeed.:laughing7: He asked, can't i just pound them in? Ahhhh there is hope for him!! I'am very tuff on anyone wanting to learn the trade. I apprenticed under a custom home builder who was a hard ass. I watched at least 10 carpenters come and go over the years. He wanted it done right!

The room addition was 2" by 6" walls 16" on center. Trusses are 16" on center, 5/8" Roof Sheathing. Yeh I overbuild everything...building department just says..yep and signs off.:icon_thumright:
So I should bring any left over materials with me?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The room addition was 2" by 6" walls 16" on center. Trusses are 16" on center, 5/8" Roof Sheathing. Yeh I overbuild everything...building department just says..yep and signs off.:icon_thumright:
So I should bring any left over materials with me?

Well Viking.... That's a little overkill for this building. But I'll admit (duh) that is one hell of a constructed "addition". I don't believe any "left over materials" will be needed here. BUT... your still welcome to visit at any time buddy. I sent ya an email.... Brad

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To mark the return of Red....I Let's have a drink!!:occasion14::occasion14:
OK...I was going to have a drink anyway....but don't tell Red...:laughing7:

DSCN8973.JPG

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long Island Iced Tea!:headbang: Since the weather here is damp...I see no reason not to fire off mortars, roman candles and bottle rockets!!
Happy New Year everyone!!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread