Tonights Cocktail

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess I've been luckier than most. I had a 'pus-pocket' under my arm 'lanced' and drained when I was ten. That's the only 'surgery' I've had. Unless, you call having teeth pulled. I've had dentures since Feb., 1979. Had my first tooth pulled when I was about 23. Too much 'iron tonic' when I was growing up, so they said, prevented the enamel from forming. Some stitches in my gums after the teeth were pulled are the only stitches I've had. I may have broken a rib or two in the late 80s, but didn't go to the doc so I'm not sure. Never been in the hospital except for a test as an outpatient. Had both pneumonia and flu at the same time during Christmas in 2012. That really took the 'wind out of my sails' for a couple of weeks. No hospital, though. Just a visit to the doctor's office and meds.
Of course, now I'm always 'near death's door'. lol COPD, high blood pressure, pulse rate erratic, been on Nexium for over 10 years, high cholesterol, and who knows what else! I guess I'm too ornery to die!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After two days off...I will be enjoying Chivas Regal and Heineken.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some stitches in my gums after the teeth were pulled are the only stitches

I've had so many i lost count.I think its under 8 that are self inflicted over the years.I use to be a chef,knife cuts came with the job:laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red, I've had several cuts that 'required' stitches; but never would allow it. I don't think there is a single person in this whole world that hates needles more than I do. I'm supposed to have my blood drawn and tested every 6 months max. Very seldom is it done that often. I've got away with going for over a year several times. No, I'm not 'afraid' of needles; just always disliked them. Sometime they 'hurt' a little; but a lot less than the pains I inflict on myself at times trying to accomplish something hard. I cut my left knee just at the bottom of the kneecap when I was about 10. Mom told me that she could see the bone so I really needed some stitches. NO! She said that she would have to wash it out with alcohol and that was going to be painful. I told ok, but no stitches. I've had several cuts while working in machine shops that needed stitches; but never let the docs do it.
Oh, I forgot about the 'pus pocket' under my arm that was lanced. It had (I believe) 3 or 4 stitches in it!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont like the needles but i just grin and bear it.I had no choice when i was in a supposed accident at work.18 stitches above my eye after getting 2 pallets of steel doors knocked over on me.I know it was done on purpose( for union organizing)I'll run into the supervisor from there some day and then we'll see who's who,I walked away under my own power,will he?:evil6:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody "likes" needles including me... but I'm not scared of them. I've given MYSELF 2 stitches twice on my own. It really sucked but I did it because I needed it badly and didn't have money then. Super glue was NOT around then. And to make matters worse both times it was on my left forearm and I'm right handed! When Super Glue came out I've used it a lot on myself. It burns like hell...bad but it sure beats giving yourself stitches.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tenn. doesn't make enough sour mash to make me able to stitch myself.....ahh, well maybe they do.....no brain, no pain:laughing7:.....Gary

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets see I'm having cod fish fillets,rice and baby spinach,wheres the lasagne?:laughing7:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was braised chicken and more corn on the cob......followed closlely with Sailor Jerry 93 proof spiced rum..neat.......Gary

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
whoops i posted in the wrong thread,me thinks we went back and forth to many times between the dinner thread and the drinking thread:laughing9:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres the perfect chaser for you KYBourbon.You wont know what is chasing what:occasion14:

images.jpeg

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Huge Pina Colada.......Getting caught in the rain, no I'm not into health food, I am into Champagne- remember The Escape Song (if you love Pina Coladas):laughing7:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A Huge Pina Colada.......Getting caught in the rain, no I'm not into health food, I am into Champagne- remember The Escape Song (if you love Pina Coladas)

I dont mind pina coladas at all but that song NOOOOOOOO000000oooooo:laughing9:Heres my style

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread