Tonights hunt

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunt days are coming to an end :( Leaves are making it impossible to find anything. We did have a heavy rain Thursday and we found these in the run off from the corn field. The red colored point is a strange material, never seen it in this area. Translucent around he edges when held to light. Also the surface seems a little flatter, then slopes down to the edge. Don't know if it was fractured by impact or the plow.

image-4221418094.jpg

image-2040085.jpg

image-4128092009.jpg

image-1367334070.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that is field hunting 101. Most are broken and a few are whole. They finally cleared more fields. You can bet Ill be in one tomorrow 8-)

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds:icon_thumleft: and you will find a whole one sooner or later with that much stuff showing.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually start back after hunting season in mid January. Maybe you will get a few more in if you do not have snow.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that is field hunting 101. Most are broken and a few are whole. They finally cleared more fields. You can bet Ill be in one tomorrow 8-)

Well I thought I would go on a hunt, my trucks brakes thought different. I spent all day trying to get them fixed but finally after 3 different stops they are done.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds! :icon_thumleft: That ''heartbreaker'' in your last two photos just makes you wish that it was all there. That's a bummer, but hope you are fortunate to find a more complete one.

OP
OP
hbrown22

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
We found all of it on the side of the corn field. It's impossible to look in the field. The didn't disc after the corn harvest and now there's a heavy carpet of grass. Guess the are letting it rest till spring. Once they break ground, I'm on it!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah here they will harvest and put the cover crop down at the same time. Cover crop will be there till the spring then they will spray the fields to kill the cover crop till it is bare after that happens the they will plant again. No Till is quick for them and every once in a while they will disc the fields after the harvest is complete to mix the soil up some. Im still trying to figure out the best time to hunt and so far the winter is the best for me. Nothing grows fast if it is cold enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread