Too many dogs.. *sigh*

F

FredMaxwell

I don't really like dogs, most of them any way but I really want a hunting dog type dog and I've noticed that I really dig some dogs because they are so cute (I NEVER SAY CUTE) and so sharp and so loyal,

But we already have four dogs. They're useless, and I don't like three of them.. but I am sort of attached to them and it would make my grandmother awful sad if I got rid of 'em. It would break out her little heart >:(

So I have to wait to get a new one until a couple of these are dead.
How long do small dogs generally live?
There is a fox/rat terrier (little elcamino. I love little elcamino)
There is a dauchund and a yorkshire and another terrier

They are 7-13 years old here

Now I don't want to hurt the little guys and I give them expensive food and take fine care of them - but how long until a nature takes its course here?

The one I really would like to adopt out is a yorkshire. All he ever does is try to attack the other animals and he is horrible. Ballsy little bastard too - I've seen him attack the hell out a rottweiler before.

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
Well Fred , Good and bad news for you . Bad news first - little dogs live a long time if properly cared for, now heres the good news ;Yorkies are HOT . A lot of people want them ,the smaller the better,as they command more money . My cousin just bought two tiny ones that she paid 2500 for each [ The smaller and younger the better akc registered] Try putting an add in the local paper offering to trade that Yorkie for a detector ,I'm sure that some wife would love to trade one of her husbands detectors for a cute loveable Yorkie that will protect her form big dogs. Just don't place an ad in any Lake City Florida papers please. good Luck to ya Bob

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

;D
These idiots paid 500 for that mess,
Even has papers
I would love to sell that nasty little hostile little.. *((*&)#&_*)@*(*&$^$^^%$

;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it attacks Rotweilers I doubt it will live much longer anyway! Monty

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
What you do is advertise them on Treasurenet as "Treasure hunting dogs"(See Diamond Spikes's post below on THing dogs).
Post a photo of each pooch here in the classifieds with a gold ring in his mouth and they will sell like hotcakes.

George

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, you've got some terriers there! Terra . . . earth . . . terrier. Named for earth because they dig! Take 'em out and let them do the digging! Jake goes relic hunting with me and is my early warning system. (couldn't hear a sonic boom with my Black Widows on).

I haven't quite tought him to sniff out silver, yet. :D

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

I told one of these dogs today I says to him why don't you go out in the back yard and bury yourself. At least you'd be making yourself useful for once.

That is my quote of the week.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
One of the best "Guard Dogs" I ever had, & remember, I go TH'ing for months at a time.
&
I spend time alone in some extremely remote areas!
&
I, have had guard dogs with me, up to 150 lbs!
Including a large Wolf Hybrid...
One of the best, WAS! a little New Zealand Shepard ....
Super active and could hear the dew drop!
You don't depend on the dog to "attack"!
You depend on them to "Warn" of intruders!
My .44 stub nose mag or my semi auto 12 g or '06 , do the "attacking" ...
I just need the time (sufficient warning) to "load up"!
A small dog has advantages...
Number One!
My present dog, a 120 lb Full BloodHound, eats 2-22 oz (44) canned dog food, (quality brand) in the evenging, mixed with one full cup of dry (with warm water)!
Then, he gets, a mixture of, 1-22oz can plus a full cup of dry food(warm)water of dog food in the morning !
With dry food available anytime!
Compare this with two small cans a day for the smaller guys!
All of this for an early warning! :P

I'd keep the little guys!
Take them out camping, they'll adapt/change!

And!
If you think that a large dog is going to attack .... Just "hit him" with a dose of "Pepper Spray" !
;) Stops them dead in their tracks! :-\
He'll never bother you again!
They DO! Remember !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread