Took my new ace 250 out for its first run

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Took my new ace 250 out for it's first run

Ok let me start off by saying I have been a true White's user since buying my first White's machine.But this past week I traded my game systems for a White's 6000 Di Pro Sl and a garrett Ace 250 with the stock coil and the larger coil.

Well since the 6000 needs work I decided to give the ace a run.My first impression of it wasn't too great.It just looked like a simple,childs detector that wouldn't find anything deeper than few inches.

I decided to take it to a local park I have already hunted this year with my White's machines and hit the tot lot area.The first fault I noticed with the ace was you couldn't get within 3 feet of the metal poles even with the sensitivity turned down some.It would beep anytime you got near it.But....this turned out to be a good thing too.

My first real find with it was a heart charm.And I love how it has the bell tone for coins and the other tone for jewelry. I do a lot of night hunting(95%),so I need something to tell me what is there before I dig with tones.

I ended up finding 3 quarters, 1 dime that I swear was over 8" deep that read a quarter,a 1947 nickle(in the woodchips???)the charm and a pendant for a necklace and 3 pennies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So all in all I am very impressed with the ace 250.White's are still number one to me but it's ok to cheat once in a while and play with something else.Just don't tell me Wife I said that!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Took my new ace 250 out for it's first run

Some of us only have the Ace 250 and it serves us well. Don't worry! We won't tell 'er! 8) :)

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pulltab hatr said:
Ok let me start off by saying I have been a true White's user since buying my first White's machine.But this past week I traded my game systems for a White's 6000 Di Pro Sl and a garrett Ace 250 with the stock coil and the larger coil.

Well since the 6000 needs work I decided to give the ace a run.My first impression of it wasn't too great.It just looked like a simple,childs detector that wouldn't find anything deeper than few inches.

I decided to take it to a local park I have already hunted this year with my White's machines and hit the tot lot area.The first fault I noticed with the ace was you couldn't get within 3 feet of the metal poles even with the sensitivity turned down some.It would beep anytime you got near it.But....this turned out to be a good thing too.

My first real find with it was a heart charm.And I love how it has the bell tone for coins and the other tone for jewelry. I do a lot of night hunting(95%),so I need something to tell me what is there before I dig with tones.

I ended up finding 3 quarters, 1 dime that I swear was over 8" deep that read a quarter,a 1947 nickle(in the woodchips???)the charm and a pendant for a necklace and 3 pennies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So all in all I am very impressed with the ace 250.White's are still number one to me but it's ok to cheat once in a while and play with something else.Just don't tell me Wife I said that!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well let me start by saying I am glad you recived both of them fine, and that the garrett is a good machine and that is all I have ever owned other than the whites 6000 that of course had some issues, But I went friday and bought me a whites prism 5 and I gonna have to tell you that I dont think that I will ever buy another garrett, just b/c the whites abailty to pinpoint and the depth that it goes just blew me away. Thanks on the trade the system works great.

HH

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I like my 250

OP
OP
pulltab hatr

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

Glad you got all of it ok.The box was stuffed pretty full and I had nightmares of it busting open during shipping and the games going everywhere....LOL.Yea I am pretty committed to white's but this ace is a great detector for what they cost.

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Sounds like some good finds for the first day out with it.
HH

P

Pentico

Let me say this about that! lol
First of all we have never owned any other Metal Detector besides the Ace 250
We have found the Ace to be a great detector for the money and the beginners like us.
Now that is not to say it is the greatest detector out there on the market but the Ace has served us well.
In the year we have been detecting we have found over $200.00 in clad, 8 gold rings, 24 junk rings, 31 silver coins, 42 hot wheel type cars, one million plus pull tabs and really have had a blast finding every thing.
We do understand that some folks look down on us becuse we don't have a $1000.00 plus detector, but the heck with them. We have paid for the Ace 3 times with all the finds we have, had a blast and most of all got us started in the hobbie.
Yes we are looking to buy a detector and have been looking at the Whites XLT.
Can't wait to see if there really is a big difference in the two.

Congratulations on your finds with the Ace.
D Nugget

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have both an Ace 250 and a White's DFX, I think the Ace is a good machine, obviously not as sophisticated as the White's but sometimes for various situations you don't need all the bells and whistles to pull out the coins :)

OP
OP
pulltab hatr

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

Everyone of you are exactly right about the Ace.Lotsa people look down on it because it is a $200 machine,myself included in the past.But to truly appreciate it all you have to do is put it in your hand and try it for a short time.I was thinking to myself last night,"they say you get an inch depth for every $100 you spend on a detector,heck if that's the case, the Ace should change it to 3.5-4" for every $100 spent!!!" I kid you not it goes DEEP for a $200 detector.I have owned everything from Bounty Hunters to Eagle Spectrum's to XLT's and MXT's and the Ace 250 seemed no different depth wise than any of the higher priced machines.Well what I am trying to say if I really like the Ace 250 and glad I tried it out last night.

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Join the Darkide young Skywalker. Got to like the weight it swings really easy all day. Hope you like your new detectors. God Bless huntn

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hasbro 250...pffft...whatever...SLACKER...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Folks ANY machine you have fun with out diggin is a good one. Loved the crap out of my bounty hunter POS for years...and dug TONS of silver and cool stuff with it. 90% of ANY machine is simply understanding what it's telling you...I've since converted to IDX and not EVER going back...me and trusty IDX have an understanding. I don't even want a different IDX...that EXACT box has it's own sound, it's own quirks, unlike any other machine (maybe new DFX's are perfect digital clones of each other, but no two analog machines exactly the same...)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread