Took some friends Privy diggin!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I have been digging quite a bit as you all know and my friends all think I am crazy :tongue3: Well maybe I am and maybe I'm not. Apparently I am not because they decided to jump into a pit and dig a bit to see what it would be like. Believe me when they were done after digging for 7 hours straight they were some sore puppies! :laughing9: Sissies I say ;D I wanted to dig another pit but they gave in and could'nt take it anymore. But they all loved it and said they will do it again soon. I am glad they were able to dig some decent stuff. It was funny how there was four of us in one huge trash pit area and we all came out with a blob top beer :icon_thumleft:.

Then we decided to go to China! Straight through Mother Earth and everthing in between. Managed to get some keepers. Don took most of the goods home to clean them up so I will have those pics posted soon. Just thought I would show ya how deep we dig these things. I had to use a light to see the bottom of the "cave" we dug.

It sure was fun to take some "newbies" and show them how to go about digging some bottles. They had no idea the fun they would have. It is hard work but well worth it to share some time with friends and learn along the way. Enjoy the pics and I will get ya more soon. Take care and be safe "down" there......jgas

Attachments

• C 1.JPG
    C 1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 758
  • C 2.JPG
    C 2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 747
  • C 3.JPG
    C 3.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 748
  • C 4.JPG
    C 4.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 748
  • C 5.JPG
    C 5.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 747
  • C 6.JPG
    C 6.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 752
  • C 7.JPG
    C 7.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 743
  • C 8.JPG
    C 8.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 749
  • C 9.JPG
    C 9.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 737
  • C 10.JPG
    C 10.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 741
  • C 11.JPG
    C 11.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 748
  • C 12.JPG
    C 12.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know where to did for glass?

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey Noneck, get some Sanborn maps of your neighborhood if there are any. Look at them to see where the homes were and get yourself a spring steel probe. A 4 and 6 footer will do. Start probing around the perimeters of the yard. Maybe 50 feet away from the back door. The ground will tell you that you either hit some softer spots, ash layers, glass etc. Now get to it would ya :tongue3: I want to see some digging! hfas

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a great post jgas! :icon_thumright:
Love the on-site photos as well as the white porcelain jug you found! :notworthy:

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
nice!!! post pictures of your yard when you find the last one! be like a backhoe attack!!!! good luck and keep digging krazyhorses

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice glass!!!!! looks like China is just around the corner MR TUFF

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Nice post and pics Jgas, thank you for sharing all this and good digging to you!

Chuck.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Great recoveries! :icon_thumright:

For some reason, I want to don a mask when I see you guys that deep into a dig. Maybe it's just me and my germophobias!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! That is a deep hole...do you guys use cribbing? Sorry, just the FD Safety Officer coming out in me?

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow . . I never realized how deep you guys dig these holes, another inch and your going to have to start shoring up the walls :tongue3: Ever accidently break a bottle when shoveling? I am going to have to try and find me a spring steel probe. Where did you get your?

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yep the holes do sometimes reach 10 to 12 feet. As far as cribbing or shoring up the walls, believe me we are very careful. We have a lookout above to watch any cracks that may happen to give us an idea of any cave ins. I did board up one pit that kept falling in around us but was never able to get to the bottom for the use layer. Just got too dangerous and glass is not worth getting smothered by tons of dirt! My probes came from Francesville Indiana at a place called shlatters I think. I 'll have to get the receipt and see what the correct spelling is. They are cheap though. Now lets get down there and dig a deep one fella's :laughing9: jgas

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like an awesome time!!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and pics! :icon_thumright: Love the old glass. It sure looks like fun.....well, maybe not all the shoveling. :) And please be careful out there.

Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread