Took the Etrac swimming today

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I have been out hunting a great many times in that last week or two. Ever since I found that diamond ring, I cant seem to find any gold. I have managed to scrape a few pieces of silver into the scoop, and a fair amount of clad, but no gold. I purchased an Etrac and have been using that on the beach for the last week or so. It works well in the wet sand, falses very little, and performs very nicely overall. I see very little in reguards to a learning curve with it, as you can literally turn it on and go. Pinpointing on the beach is easy as pie, but in dirt, I have a harder time with it.

Today I headed down, and saw a sight I have yet to see on the beach except for in a big storm. Wind was blowing water very high up the beach, and the sand that was there just 2 days ago was gone! It looked so flat and low I was excited about what I might find. It took little time to realize that targets were very few and far between. I zig-zagged my way down the beach, and noticed after a while that every target was close to the water. Not good for a land machine on a windy day when the waves are washing all the way across the wet sand area.

On one particular target, I positioned myself facing shore to digafter a couple scoops since the waves were giving me hell. As I started digging, a huge wave came out of nowhere, and water went everywhere. I looked in horror as water was dripping from the control box. About 2 miniutes later, the detector screamed and died. I was over a mile from home, and started running. Got it home, opened the housing, and saw condensation inside. Gingerly cleaned it out with Qtips, then used fresh water on the affected curcuitry, and wiped that clean as well. Put it back together, turned it on, and it was ALIVE!!! Man I was relieved.

No pictures today. Nothing noteworthy really, but hopefully, goodies will come. Hope you are all finding the loot, because it is evading me daily.

HH,
Anthony

Upvote 0

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always carry ziplock bags and rubber bands to cover with. Glad to hear everything seems ok.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh oh I would died!

maybe your ring is cursed like Guzz had one, and you need to ship it to me....lol just a thought. You'll be back finding gold in no time.

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Cursed or not, I will not complain! That ring is nicer than I could have ever imagined finding :). If I dont find gold until next March, I will still be happy. I might grumble a bit, but ill still be happy :).

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Anthony your one lucky guy i have the the a newer se and its a great beach and wet sand detector BUT DON"T GET IT WET LOL!!!! im glad all turned out well for you ........... GUZZ

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the SE one week.And went back to the sweet GT. An getting the gold .man you just cant beat the sweet GT on the beach with the s-12.

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I prefer the Excal for the beach, but, the darn thing is still busted, and they are telling me to wait to send it in until they figure out what is going on with the newer machines. So it is either a faulty Excal or a steady Etrac. :dontknow:

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
COTTON said:
I had the SE one week.And went back to the sweet GT. An getting the gold .man you just cant beat the sweet GT on the beach with the s-12.
best set up iv ever used on the beach !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread