Took The XP Deus Out for a Test Run Today

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just traded a 1969 10 ft aluminum boat and trailer for a Deus Friday :thumbsup: ( I haven't used the boat for about 6 years) so when I saw the Deus on Craigslist as a barter deal, I jumped on it. I know I will use the detector.

Decided to go to a permission, I previously pounded with my F75 LTD SE, today to see if I could eke out a deep coin or two. I dug almost all targets as I ran a grid on the yard listening for faint high tones. The Deus has great separation, but boy the iron and nails were ringing in at a high VDI. I ran it at Freq 11.8, sensitivity 92, reactivity 3 & iron volume at zero. The deepest target dug was the quarter at 9 inches next to a sidewalk. I probably thought it was a false signal when I swung the Fisher over that spot last year.

As you can see by the pic, I dug almost every target.

20160703_161520.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

I was planning on attending the XP Deus boot camp on 7/9/16 in Cincinnati, but the daughter called and needs her brakes and rotors replaced :BangHead: so I recon I will be working on her car this coming Saturday.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious to see how your Deus stacks up against your F75 in the long term. I'm presently comparing my F75DST to my newly acquired Racer 2. I keep reading that the Deus works great in iron.

tabman

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious to see how your Deus stacks up against your F75 in the long term. I'm presently comparing my F75DST to my newly acquired Racer 2. I keep reading that the Deus works great in iron.

tabman

I did not read the manual yet, just asked a buddy for a good set up. It did good, beeped on some very small targets. You have a choice of 4 freqs to run. It also came with the Andy Sabish book. :thumbsup:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Deus land LD. I too have an F75 DST and find situations where both excel but have been leaning more heavily on the Deus lately as I get more proficient at its advanced modes such as Gold Field. Looks like you had a great first day out. Check out the custom program sticky for more pointers. Hoping Deus comes through tomorrow as I attempt to clean up after the 4th of July beach crowds.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all for a site that you already hit with a pretty awesome detector (F75). The key and lock face are sweet. I love old keys soooo much. Plus I count a dozen coins there...so not a bad showing by the XP at all.

Super happy for you man...glad you got it and cannot wait to see what the future holds.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco -

Good luck with your new Deus. My friend here in Oregon has one too. Its very fast and sensitive. You will find some amazingly small stuff with it. Cant wait to hear your thoughts after you use it more.
Gary from Oregon

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Deus land LD. I too have an F75 DST and find situations where both excel but have been leaning more heavily on the Deus lately as I get more proficient at its advanced modes such as Gold Field. Looks like you had a great first day out. Check out the custom program sticky for more pointers. Hoping Deus comes through tomorrow as I attempt to clean up after the 4th of July beach crowds.

Thanks VF, I still plan on using my F75 when hunting parks and permissions, I just got tired of moving the boat around the past 6 years. I was thinking that I might use it when I retired in about 8 years, but I am so addicted to detecting that the trade made sense. Besides the Deus takes up very little space and who else has a Deus as a back-up/loaner. I can now sell my Tesoro Lobo since the Deus can run at 18 khz.

Loco -

Good luck with your new Deus. My friend here in Oregon has one too. Its very fast and sensitive. You will find some amazingly small stuff with it. Cant wait to hear your thoughts after you use it more.
Gary from Oregon

Thanks Jedi, it sure does pick up small targets at 11.8 khz. I was amazed that it picked up that very small tack in the lower left part of the pic. It will be a relief to swicth to the Deus after a bout 4 hours of swinging the F75 with the 15" coil. I was going to buy a used F2 with a DD coil as a loaner, but that's not necessary now.

Not bad at all for a site that you already hit with a pretty awesome detector (F75). The key and lock face are sweet. I love old keys soooo much. Plus I count a dozen coins there...so not a bad showing by the XP at all.

Super happy for you man...glad you got it and cannot wait to see what the future holds.

Thanks John, I run the F75 with disc between 1-16 or 1-19 thus the iron and nails were not dug on purpose. I also dug enough enough aluminum siding trimmings that I stopped digging those signals with the Fisher. I was hoping the Deus could eke out a deep oldie. I used the Deus as a beep and dig machine yesterday to get used to the pitch and VDI display. Now I need to remember to plug it every night instead of just taking a spare set of batteries with me. Are you interested in reviewing it on Video?

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did STELLAR on the trade there LOCO!!!!! I've been tossin around the idea of gettin a DEUS and after seein yours and everyone elses finds I believe I'll have myself one come the fall huntin season. BTW, if you want so company when you make it to the QUEEN CITY hit me up. I would like to see a deus in action AND meet a PRO!!! GL&HH

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just traded a 1969 10 ft aluminum boat and trailer for a Deus Friday :thumbsup: ( I haven't used the boat for about 6 years) so when I saw the Deus on Craigslist as a barter deal, I jumped on it. I know I will use the detector.

Decided to go to a permission, I previously pounded with my F75 LTD SE, today to see if I could eke out a deep coin or two. I dug almost all targets as I ran a grid on the yard listening for faint high tones. The Deus has great separation, but boy the iron and nails were ringing in at a high VDI. I ran it at Freq 11.8, sensitivity 92, reactivity 3 & iron volume at zero. The deepest target dug was the quarter at 9 inches next to a sidewalk. I probably thought it was a false signal when I swung the Fisher over that spot last year.

As you can see by the pic, I dug almost every target.

View attachment 1332434

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

I was planning on attending the XP Deus boot camp on 7/9/16 in Cincinnati, but the daughter called and needs her brakes and rotors replaced :BangHead: so I recon I will be working on her car this coming Saturday.

Good luck with the Deus. It has been a performer for me. Just find a custom program that works for you and stick with it.
I rarely make adjustments from my full tones, zero disc, 2/3 reactivity, -1 silencer. If I stop finding things with it then I may change it up

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toasted is correct get some programs and stick with them . I use full tones in all 4 of my programs. 2 heavy trash/ iron programs, and 2 deep seeking programs. very simple setup and has worked great for me. My hunting partner used the t2 for years and he waited a month and watched what I did with the deus and he retired the t2 and now swings a deus too. welcome loco to the deus club.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job mopping up.

I really like the Deus very much.

Can cover so much more ground that my jewelry finds have gone through the roof. Very happy about that.

Round gold, round silver, round rusty... Deus loves it all!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent choice trading in something rarely used, for something you'll use often. I went from a T2 SE (basically F75) to the Deus and was able to find a lot that I had missed. But I know some of the targets would have easily hit on the T2. I use 18khz on the Deus a lot and it really picks up the small stuff. I notice that the 11" coil IDs nails better than the 9, which tends to hit them higher (at least in my settings) Cant wait to see what else you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread